Your Crib is My Crib

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by fmcquinn, Jan 1, 2012.

1. fmcquinn

fmcquinn Well-Known Member

DD1 discovered the joys of crawling into her sister's crib about a month ago. My husband and I immediately lowered the mattress one more notch (to its lowest setting), and the climbing stopped. But now, today when they decided to giggle through nap time, we came in to find them BOTH straddling their cribs. We pushed them together a long time ago because we were afraid, if they did try to crawl out, they would fall between them and hurt themselves. I worry about it even more now, so I'm not separating the cribs. I've thought about a crib tent, but DD1 is a little claustrophobic and probably wouldn't handle it too well. Please someone tell me I have another option besides going to toddler beds! :(

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I will say it took 2 days for my boys to not be a little annoyed at the crib tent. Now they just try to figure out the zipper. :lol: I'd check Craigslist to find a couple of used ones and see. I couldn't stomach the freedom of toddler beds myself.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Is it possible to put one in a P&P in another room, just for nap time(s)?

4. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

Thinking in another direction; would it be possible to remove the sides of the cribs that are pushed together (so they essentially have a double crib)? If I understand your post right they're not trying to climb out into the room just get to each other. If that's not possible with your cribs or you think that they would not sleep at all then I'd probably try crib tents. You could always only get one and put it on your DD2's crib, that should still stop the climbing in and out, without upsetting DD1.

5. fmcquinn

Does anyone know if crib tents work on sleigh cribs that aren't even all around? The one I looked at said the crib must be level on all sides. The back on ours is higher than the front.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I bought one on Amazon for my crib that is higher in the back. It has dimensions that it works for on the website.

7. fmcquinn

Well, we went with toddler beds. It's night two! Last night went very well, and right now they're sound asleep.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:woo: I hope it keeps going well for you!

9. fmcquinn

We are still going strong. Nap time, though, is not awesome. They slept for two hours today because they fell asleep in the car first. Any pointers?