you think we keep Sesame Street on for the kids too much?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ~ilyse~, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

When I am singing around the house, I sing Journey to Ernie or Imagine That.

Dh was just talking to me about Baby Bear and the way he talks.

Dh said to me today "Why do they always ask Mr Noodle stuff, he's an idiot and doesn't know anything."

I am sure there is more too but isn't this enough? LOL

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure what you are asking? Meaning, you sing their songs and they repeat things so you have it on too much? How many times a day do you play it?

3. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Feb 11 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]617204[/snapback]
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking? Meaning, you sing their songs and they repeat things so you have it on too much? How many times a day do you play it?

I'm just being silly. Guess I'm not very good at getting that across in this post anyway. Oh well, I tried.

4. marcy874

marcy874 Well-Known Member

We got our friends, who don't have kids yet, singing the Wiggles because we'd play it in the van after we'd all been out to dinner. They loved us for that! ;)

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~ilyse~ @ Feb 11 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]617206[/snapback]
    I'm just being silly. Guess I'm not very good at getting that across in this post anyway. Oh well, I tried.

OH!! LOL!! I thought you were asking if you truly have it on for too many hours during the day!! I get what you're saying now.

6. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

That's so funny!! Our girls are obsessed with Elmo.....I feel like we watch it all the time....we only have 3 of the DVDs....So, therefore, DH and I know them almost by heart....

DH said to me the other day, regarding Mr. Noodle, "you know times have got to be hard if the only acting job you can get is being Mr. Noodle in Elmo's World"!!!!!

We also sing the Down, down baby elmo knows karate, down down baby elmo calls his mommy, down down baby elmo shakes his body...etc, etc.....we sing that all the time!! HELP!!!!

7. mitzy1400

mitzy1400 Active Member

QUOTE(doubledownmom @ Feb 11 2008, 11:07 PM) [snapback]617287[/snapback]
    DH said to me the other day, regarding Mr. Noodle, "you know times have got to be hard if the only acting job you can get is being Mr. Noodle in Elmo's World"!!!!!

Hey! Don't dis Mr. Noodle. :) The guy is actually an accomplished actor.

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~ilyse~ @ Feb 12 2008, 02:37 AM) [snapback]617187[/snapback]
    Dh said to me today "Why do they always ask Mr Noodle stuff, he's an idiot and doesn't know anything."

:rotflmbo: You know it's bad when DH starts talking about it! The other day I caught mine singing "La la la la lemon... la la la la lightbulb" from the Sesame Street "Learning About Letters" DVD. I've gone entire days with that song stuck in my head.

9. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Songs from Sesame Street and Dora & Diego get stuck in my head all the time!!!!!

10. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

"Hey! Don't dis Mr. Noodle. smile.gif The guy is actually an accomplished actor."

Wow Ilyse, I guess neither of us are very good at being silly! I was just joking!!!!! :huh:

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:rofl: That is funny!

We (DH and I) sing Wiggles songs around here. :laughing:

12. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Juj @ Feb 12 2008, 07:59 AM) [snapback]617477[/snapback]
    Songs from Sesame Street and Dora & Diego get stuck in my head all the time!!!!!

See, this is why I will only let the girls KNOW about SS and Jack's Big Music Show. Because my nephew watched all the kid shows and those songs HAUNTED ME in my sleep!

Oh, and I love, love, love Mr. Noodle! Did you ever see Ms. Noodle? It's that actress who was in Wicked. Can't think of her name....anyway, there's an episode where Mr. Noodle is showing what singing is and he lip synchs to Pavarotti. (I'm not up on my opera, but it's a classic song). I was laughing. Yes, I, ME, THE MOM, was enjoying Mr. Noodle and am waiting anxiously for that episode to come on again! :icon_biggrin:

We don't own the DVD's yet, so thankfully, it's only on once a day here. With Jacks BIg Music Show, the girls like the intro song....and that's about it. So we sing it in the car when they're getting cranky.

13. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

Have you ever looked at the family portrait that Elmo has on his wall? Elmo's mom and dad have some weird appendages.

DS cannot stand Mr Noodle. He walks away as soon as it starts.

We always hum/sing the ending song to Elmo's World with the piano. Oh, and we say "Elmo loves you!" all the time.

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

my kids are actually learning letters and numbers from SS already!! As soon as the letter of the day comes on, DS runs up to the TV and yells out what the letter is!

15. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

We had a video called "Potty Power" out of the library last week and OMG, those songs are so CATCHY. My DH and I would be walking around singing, "I can do it myself I've got Potty Power..." Really, songs made for kids are just EVIL that way!