You say tomato, I say tomatoh

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Chillers, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

They have sore little bums!

We started tomatoes about a month ago (and stopped again a little over a week ago :( ).

Poor things loved stuff with tomato sauce in it, however, it didn't like them. Their little bums got so red after every poop (and they weren't sitting it long either if I could help it). I finally made the connection (DUH!) and stopped the tomatoes, so we're slowly getting better. No other trouble with it, just the acid-y poop (how's that for a lovely visual??) :lol:

My question is, if your kiddos had trouble with acid-y foods, how long did you wait to reintroduce them and did you have trouble then or were they okay?

Signed, Angela, who is amazed at the amount of tomato that is in the various stage 3 baby foods...

Okay, so I'm a little punchy right now, sorry.... 8P

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I think you can wait and reintroduce them later. Sometimes their little bellies just need time to adjust. Try it again in a couple months and see how they do. Poor babies. :hug99:

3. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Mine don't have bum problems from tomatoes but both me and my girls break out in hives if tomato products touch our skin!

4. Cindy123

Cindy123 Well-Known Member

Oh, poor babies! The girls have never liked tomato products so I can't help you there. They had a reaction to citrus though, but I haven't reintroduced it yet because Keira's little tush was sooo red and irritated. :eek: