You know you need to shave your legs when...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Jess8906, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Jess8906

Jess8906 Active Member

Your ten month old daughter crawls over to you and occupies herself with playing with your stubble for a full 2 minutes while you're busy changing and dressing her sister. :FIFblush:

2. JakoBen

JakoBen Well-Known Member

OMG!!! That is too funny :rotflmbo: ...I had EXACTLY the same thing happen about 15 min. ago. :blush: Guess I better break down and shave them tonight. But then they won't have something to keep occupied during diaper changes....Hmmmm :icon_biggrin:

Carrie

3. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: :rotflmbo: That is tooo funny!!!!!

4. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

My legs were pretty fuzzy a few days ago. You know fuzzy, it's what happens after stubbly, scratchy and let's-braid-those-babies!

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: oooooh, I can so relate! What has happened to us?!!?

6. Hillybean

Hillybean Well-Known Member

I know exactly how you feel!!!

I heard a great tip on Rachael Ray this morning - if you don't have time to shave in the shower just put baby oil on your legs and shave them. FINALLY a use for baby oil!!!!

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

That's too funny!

My DDs really like Pat the Bunny (the book) and when they come to the "Daddy's scratchy face" page, they reach up and touch the face of whoever is reading it. One day I said "Mommy doesn't have a scratchy face, but she has a scratchy leg" and put her hand on my leg, and she (whichever one it was) was totally enthralled. :D

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

LOL! You guys are funny!

9. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

:lol: :laughing: :rotflmbo: That is HILLARIOUS!!! At least they're not trying to braid them!!!

10. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Her Royal Jennyness @ Jun 20 2007, 04:26 PM) [snapback]300633[/snapback]
    My legs were pretty fuzzy a few days ago. You know fuzzy, it's what happens after stubbly, scratchy and let's-braid-those-babies!

:laughing: I know that stage, mine pretty much stay there. :laughing:

11. stephvolle

stephvolle Member

12. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

OK- this is tooooo funny!!! I can sure tell this is FY...I remember a post in Expecting (I had popped in after the boys were born) where the ladies were discussing how concerned they were with keeping shaved and "trimmed" for delivery. I was rolling my eyes thinking that I wish I had time to worry about it much less do it...now listen to us :pardon: . Now I have a goal...I try to start the week with everything in order so Sunday night, regardless of how late I end up going to bed I get my shaving time in...the rest of the week??? You could usually open an envelope with the hairs on my legs they feel so sharp

13. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

HA!! :rotflmbo:
    I know the feeling!! I hate to admit this but the other day I was in my bathroom without a shirt on - blowdrying my hair when I reached up with the blowdryer and saw my arm pits in the mirror!!! :eek: I was HORRIFIED!!! I had totally forgotten to shave my pits!!!! before the girls were born - that was a priority now just being able to shower at all is!! and I feel so rushed in the shower that I hadn't shaved in probably 3 weeks!!! I'm waiting on the day that I leave the house without pants!! :eek:

14. Her Royal Jennyness

I call those caveman 'pits. I make DH giggle every time I say "Unga bunga, me need to shave!"

15. AWerner

AWerner Well-Known Member

from far away it looks like you have a tan :D

16. JakoBen

JakoBen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AWerner @ Jun 21 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]301612[/snapback]
    from far away it looks like you have a tan :D

:rofl: :rotflmbo: . You always make me chuckle! Yet another good excuse to put shaving off for a few more days...thanks. :bow2:

17. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Ha Ha! There just isn't enough time in the day/week to get that done as well, LOL

I have stuble... and even though it is summer time, I still prefer hiding it under my jeans, LOL

18. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Ok, that has happened to me too! Maybe we should spend just a little more time on ourselves for a change... :huh:

19. Her Royal Jennyness

QUOTE(Sarah© @ Jun 21 2007, 05:05 PM) [snapback]302247[/snapback]
    Ok, that has happened to me too! Maybe we should spend just a little more time on ourselves for a change... :huh:

Ok, you get a beltsander and a machete and I'll get the paint and Spackle and we'll gussy ourselves up real good! :rofl:

20. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

I'm frustrated because BEFORE the babies, my leg hair was blonde. I could go days without shaving and I was pretty much the only person who knew it.

But now.....grrrrrrr.....now most of the hair from the knee down is black and it's SO rough. It's horrible and I shave every day now. :angry:

I call DD a "fuzz picker" because she finds and plays with the tiniest things she can find. She loves to go over to DH and grab his leg hair. I think it really hurts him, but I laugh hysterically that she's entertained by it.