Yipee!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by xavier2001, Sep 6, 2007.

1. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

Just a quick appointment update, I am so happy to report that Baby B finally got with the program and flipped head down like her brother!!! Assuming she stays there, we are officially cleared for a vaginal delivery, praise God!! They looked great on u/s, Baby A is measuring 6 pounds 11 ounces, Baby B 6 pounds 4 ounces. I'm 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced, so looks like they could come any time now. I asked the doctor to make a guess, and she guessed that I'll deliver right at 37 weeks.

I'm so relieved, it's nice to be in the home stretch!

2. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

That is so wonderful that your babies are getting ready! I really hope and pray to have a vaginal birth too! I hope all goes well for you and you will have your bundles of joy home with you very soon!

Missy

3. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I'm so happy Baby B has flipped into position- let's hope she stays there! You are definitely in the home stretch! And what great weights!! Good luck!

4. camdensmommy

camdensmommy Well-Known Member

Yah for flipping babies!!! :p Doesn't it hurt at this point when they flip?!? I already think it is pretty uncomfortable!!!

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Awesome! :D Sounds like you're locked and loaded; a couple more weeks to go!

6. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Wow! Sounds like you've got a good set up and great baby weights. It's so nice to hear. Looking forward to the birth story :).

7. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

Congrats on the good appt. They will be in your arms b/f you know it. I hope mine stay head down too. I am scared of a c/s. I am glad you are going to be able to deliver vaginally.

8. dr802

dr802 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(camdensmommy @ Sep 6 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]395313[/snapback]
    Yah for flipping babies!!! :p Doesn't it hurt at this point when they flip?!? I already think it is pretty uncomfortable!!!

I was extremely uncomfortable the day that Baby B did its' flip...I just felt like I couldn't get comfy more than normal in any postion...I am sure it is different for everyone-I didn't realize what it was until I went and got my sono and they were both head down and have stayed that way for a month now! YEAH!

[​IMG]

9. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Congrats! Mine stayed Breech but I still delivered vaginal so everything is possible!

And as for the guess ... my doc was wrong. I was also 3 cm dialated at 35 weeks, and then 4 cm at 36 weeks and 37 weeks and 4 1/2 cm at 38 weeks ...

Either way, you're close, nice weights, they'll be here soon!

10. xavier2001

Honestly, I didn't feel her flip at all, I have been feeling lots of squirming and noticed I have had more pelvic pressure lately, but didn't realize until the u/s that she was head down. Makes me nervous b/c how will I know if she flips back!

The doc said something about setting up an induction if I haven't delivered by 37 weeks, I'm not sure about that, I figure if we get to that point we'll make a decision.

11. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I would not induce until 38 weeks. If the sizes are a little off (smaller than scheduled) you may end up with small babies. My friend had that, scheduled at 37 weeks (and an upper 4lbs and lower 5lbs and they were estimated at 6/7lbs) and turned out to be way smaller. An extra week, if your body is doing well, may grow them a little more. Just my 2 cents.

12. camdensmommy

camdensmommy Well-Known Member

My doc has mentioned inducing after 37 weeks already also- mostly because of all the problems the babies cause for us, and that their placentas can start to shut down!

13. xavier2001

I would really like to hold off on an induction if possible, as long as the babies are doing okay. My one worry is my bp, which has been creeping up again, if I end up with pre-e, than I'll likely have to induce, but as long as me and the babies are healthy, I'm okay waiting an extra week or two (I may be begging for one later on, we'll see ;) )