Yipee! We have a swingset!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Trishandthegirls, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

My DH was kind of sad yesterday (5th anniversary of his mom's death) and just couldn't snap out of it. The girls and I tried to cheer him up, but he mopped around the house and finally decided to go to Home Depot and buy materials for a shelf we've been meaning to build for our kitchen. Three hours later he arrived home driving a UHaul truck filled with lumber and swingset parts and spent the rest of the afternoon prepping the site for our girls new swingset! The one he bought is from a company called Timber-bilt and it has a 5 foot high fort with a roof, a wave slide, a wooden rock wall, a huge plastic mountain rock wall, three regular swings, a two person see saw type swing, and a cargo net climber. I've been doing obsessive research on the best wooden swingset/playset to buy, and of course, DH circumvented all of my research by buying one that "looked fun". I can't fault his logic, and I'm so excited he's on board with building a swingset! So hopefully we'll have a swingset up by the end of next weekend. Yipee!

(I hope you all don't mind... I'm just so excited that I had to share)

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Yeah!!! How fun! We've been looking at them too and I think we finally picked out one we can both agree on- sounds very similar to your's. Hopefully we'll order it this week and it will be here soon.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That sounds great!

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Yay for a swing set :Clap:. I'm glad you shared :).

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Your dh sounds great!!!

Hopefully he's not like mine and will actually build it within the next 6 months :D

6. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

:woohoo: What an awesome DH! I bet the girls will love it!

7. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

That's great!! I want a swingset but there's a chance we will move in the next year so I don't want anything too permanent for now. Sounds like you got a fun one that your girls will enjoy for years!

8. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

That sounds like an awesome set! I hope it cheers up your DH (most guys would probably be swearing while trying to build one, LOL).

I researched obsessively a few years back, but we were constrained by the size of our yard, which is tiny -- so we ended up with this one (I did change/add a few features). I would love to have a set like yours!

9. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That set sounds like a ton of fun! I hope your DH has an easy time putting it together and the children enjoy it!

10. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Cant wait to see a picture of the finished product. :clapping: They will love it!!

11. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Yay, how exciting!! :banana:

12. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Wow - sounds like a total blast. What a sweet surprise! :)