Yipee! I had my babies...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by melstofko, Sep 6, 2008.

1. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

Ok ...where to begin....I went in for my scheduled NST on Labor Day and I was contracting. They checked me and I had dilated to 4 cms so I was admitted and received the magnesium for 2 days and received another round of steroid injections. Babies looked great and all was well except for the lovely effects of mag. I was sent home on Thursday night and put on bedrest. Well I woke up on Friday morning and felt like I was coming down with the flu or something. I was achy, tired, nauseous, and had diarrhea and a headache. I went in for my growth scan at 130 that day and the tech told me that baby A's fluid was low and she was paging my OB but in the meantime I could go over to the eval room and start my NST. Well once I was on the monitor it showed I was still contracting (no surprise to me as I had been feeling them all day) but my BP was 160/100. That came literally out of nowhere. I had just been in the hospital and monitored all week. The BP didn't go down and my liver function tests were all out of whack so within an hour my OB was at the bedside telling me that I was no longer allowed to be pregnant. She explained that the babies had reached a good gestational age, received the steroids etc. and that I was only going to become more ill if they were not born because the treatment for preeclampsia is delivery. The NICU came to talk to us about what to expect, we made our phone calls, and had someone run us over a camera. I was so scared of surgery and what the outcome for the boys would be. The c-section was not bad at all and it went by rather quickly. The best news though is that the boys are GREAT!!! They were 33 weeks and 4 days but the maturity testing scale that the NICU uses is showing Christian (TWIN A) to be 36 weeks and Alexander (TWIN B) to be 35+ weeks. They needed no oxygen, can maintain their temps, both of their APGARS were 8 and 9 and they weighed 5 lbs 8oz and 5 lbs 9 oz. I am so happy and grateful that they are doing so well. If they can breastfeed and maintain their weights they are good to go. They have IV's in right now just to keep hydrated and nourished because they weren't sure if I would be able to breastfeed on the mag (which I need for another 24 hours). I am going to try to nurse them in an hour so keep your fingers crossed for us that they will be good eaters. Sorry if any of this is rambling but I am still a bit loopy and I am on Mag so my thinking is not that clear yet. I will post some pics soon.

TWIN A- Christian Michael 5 lbs 8oz and 18 3/4 inches
    TWIN B-Alexander Cooper 5 lbs 9oz and 18 1/4 inches

The NICU nurses are convinced that they got my due date wrong, but my OB thinks it was the protein drinks, horizontal rest etc.

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I know you are super excited that they are so healthy. Great weights!!

3. ChanceKathleen

ChanceKathleen Well-Known Member

congrats!!!!!!!!!!! that is so awesome! good luck breastfeeding!

4. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

CONGRATS ON HEALTHY BABIES!!!

5. megan smith

megan smith Well-Known Member

CONGRADULATIONS on your beautiful boys!

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congrats Momma!! :Clap: Welcome Christian and Alexander to the world! :wub:

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Happy Birthday Christian and Alexander! Welcome to the first year!!

8. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

Congrats that is wonderful news
    Happy Birthday Babies :):)

9. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

congratulations!

10. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

That is AMAZING! I am soo thrilled for you! Truly and inspirational story! Best of luck breastfeeding! Please update soon!! Enjoy those babies!!
    reb

11. mollysanderson

mollysanderson Well-Known Member

Congratulations, what great news! So wonderful you could have them at 33 weeks and they are so healthy!! Good luck!
    Molly

12. msamoyedny

msamoyedny Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Happy Birthday Christian and Alexander! I'm so glad they are so healthy.

13. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

wow! that is REALLY great weights for their age!!
    so happy that everything looks as healthy as it does :)
    good luck breastfeeding!! :)
    see ya over at FY :)

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! :Clap:

15. monaraj

monaraj Well-Known Member

Congratulations............. :yahoo: I am so happy for you
    Welcome to the world :welcome: Christian Michael and :welcome: Alexander Cooper
    I hope you can breastfeed soon.
    Post pics whenever you can

16. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATS! That is awesome!!!

17. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

Awesome! Congrats and good luck! :banana:

18. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your healthy little boys!!!!
    Can't wait to see photos :wub:
    See you in First Year!

19. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

Congrats on your 2 healthy baby boys!

20. zndsmom

zndsmom Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I loved reading your post. Helps me believe that if our babies decided to be born now, we'd have healthy babies, too! Can't wait for pics, let us know how breastfeeding goes too.
    Susan

21. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations! If you need any breastfeeding support or advice, feel free to stop by our breastfeeding forum! The link is in my signature!

22. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JicJac @ Sep 7 2008, 11:43 AM) [snapback]967820[/snapback]
    Congratulations! If you need any breastfeeding support or advice, feel free to stop by our breastfeeding forum! The link is in my signature!

Thanks for the link!

23. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome baby boys! :itwins_boys: :banana:

24. Mommyof3in05

Mommyof3in05 Well-Known Member

:Clap: for healthy babies.

25. hansenarmywife

hansenarmywife Active Member

Congratulations!!! Yipeee!! I am so happy that are healthy babies!! Good luck with the breastfeeding and I hope that all goes well!! Welcome babies!! :welcome:

26. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

Dianna

27. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world little boys! Congratulations Momma! Enjoy these sweet new little boys!

28. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations and great job on growing those boys! :Clap: I'm glad to hear that they are doing fantastic and make sure to get some rest before they come home. :D Congrats again!

29. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your boys! Those are GREAT weights! And I love their names (my twin sister's name is Christian!:) )

30. sk8rjen

sk8rjen Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm late, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That gives so many of us SO much hope!! Looking forward to more updates!
    jen :)

31. Dominique

Dominique Well-Known Member

I'm astounded you could post on the mag! Go you! Congrats on big healthy babies!!!

Dominique

32. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! x

33. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

congrats to you! glad they're doing so well! never underestimate bedrest!

34. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :birthday: SWEET BOYS!!!!!!!

35. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

The boyss are breastfeeding like champions!! It is all I do all day. They are nippling breastmilk feeds (when we go home from NICU at night) of up to 2 ozs already...I am gonna be one busy lady :) Thanks for all the support along the way ladies.