Xmas gifts: get one or two?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by waitingfortwins, Oct 16, 2013.

1. waitingfortwins

waitingfortwins Well-Known Member

Hi
    I'm thinking about Xmas gifts for my nearly one year olds ( they will be 11 months by Xmas) and not sure if I should by two of the same thing or just get one? For example I want to get a rocking moose from Ikea but should I get both of them a moose? Most other things I'll just buy one like a set of blocks or set of cars but not sure about other things.
    What have you done?

2. waitingfortwins

waitingfortwins Well-Known Member

Oh almost forgot to mention that I'm also concerned if one of them may not even like the you and I'm stuck with two.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

It just depends. We have one rocking horse, not two. We usually only did one of the riding type toys.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I like variety so I did one rocking toy and another type of toy like the Laugh and Learn House (STILL played with BTW).

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also went for variety, I would buy 1 of the bigger type toys (we also love love loved the laugh and learn house, I bought it for my oldest (who is 11) and it was played with by all 4 of my kids), and then several different smaller toys.

6. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I also only bought one of the bigger toys (after thinking about it, I don't think I bought two of hardly any type of toy!). I like to give each of them a big gift and several small gifts. The big gifts are always shared, so the kids get the benefit of a larger variety of toys to choose from.

7. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would maybe do one big gift and then two smaller gifts that they could open. To be honest though we only bought them books and small things the first year.

8. samirelandcelts

samirelandcelts New Member

When i was younger my sister and i would hate getting the same toys. yeah we would still take each others toys and such and complain about "Its mine!"
    but the thing was that we liked it more that people considered us individuals and not the same person. Giving something different to each child shows that they are different. when they get older theyd appreciate it more and have less issues if you seperated them differently in ways.
    Just a personal opinion. It was a issue my twin and i had for a long time