Writing courses in the UK

Discussion in 'General' started by doublewishes, Sep 13, 2024.

1. doublewishes

doublewishes Member

Hi everyone, I'm a writer looking to expand my skills, particularly in the area of video game narrative development. Does anyone have recommendations for good writing courses in the UK that focus on crafting stories and dialogue for video games? I'm open to both online and in-person options. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

2. axyezaza

axyezaza Member

While I don't have extensive knowledge of writing course providers in the UK, I believe I may have come across an online learning platform called ELVTR that offers something relevant to your interests. If I'm remembering correctly, they have a course specifically focused on video game writing. I still have the link saved: https://uk.elvtr.com/course/video-game-writing. You'd likely need to check out their website yourself to get all the details on the course content, format, and any prerequisites. I haven't taken any classes through ELVTR, so I can't personally speak to the quality of their instruction. But given your interest in developing your skills for video game narrative, it could be worth exploring their offering. If you do end up looking into it, feel free to share your impressions with the forum.