Would Be Nice To Know When The Bus Is Coming

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by cm301263, Jun 6, 2015.

1. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

My boys are attending summer school in our new school district...(kindergarten) and we have yet to be notified when the darn bus is coming.

School let out on the 2nd I believe it was and Summer School starts this Monday the 8th. It is now Saturday evening and I have yet to hear what time the bus will be arriving to pick up my boys. I have tried phoning and emailing a few individuals that work for the school to find out what is going on and either I don't get a response back or I hear...."I don't know anything about it"

I am a bit irritated about it to be honest. It seems like someone along the way is dropping the ball.

Is it common practice for some schools to notify families the Sunday evening before school starts?? If so that seems ridiculous to me! :headbang:

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That would seem ridiculous to me as well, especially with bus pick up. But my school can be last minute with information too, so it's not too surprising.  Hope you find out soon.

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty livid too.  I hope you've found out by now!  

Honestly though, I've never seen summer school provide transportation, it's always been on the parent where I've lived.

4. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When did you find out what time the bus was coming?

I'm pretty sure in my school district it is parents who supply transportation to summer school, which is funny since during the school year every kid gets bused even if they live next door to the school

5. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

Update to this bus post.

I FINALLY received an answer to when the bus would arrive to pick my boys up (which was like pulling teeth) I received the answer at about 3 pm on Sunday the day before school!

Our district does provide the bus transportation for summer school which is nice but WOW talk about disorganized.

The bus pulls up....(lady driving) and as my boys were finding a seat, I was chatting with her. I just mentioned to her that we had trouble finding out any information from the school and her reply was......Join the club!!!  I just about fell over when she said that.

THEN, when I asked her when she would be back to drop them off, she didn't really know and says.....I will honk...I am thinking well lady, we have a long driveway, I won't hear you!

Then I find out, she didn't even know when summer school let out for the day. She thought it was noon. I said....NOoooooo it is 1pm. Oh my goodness. How can you be driving the bus and not have known what time school lets out?????

Crazy is all I can say. Poor poor poor organization as far as I am concerned from this district. ugh! :headbang: :headbang: