Worried

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Aurie, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Just like that, I am not hungry any longer. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. I noticed yesterday I wasn't hungry. For the first time since the beginning of this pregancy, I didn't even wake up last night to eat and I wasn't hungry when I woke.

This is scaring me. I know you can grow out of symptoms or go into a latent phase, but I am really thinking of calling the doctor.

2. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Just like that, I am not hungry any longer. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. I noticed yesterday I wasn't hungry. For the first time since the beginning of this pregancy, I didn't even wake up last night to eat and I wasn't hungry when I woke.

This is scaring me. I know you can grow out of symptoms or go into a latent phase, but I am really thinking of calling the doctor.

3. stbmo4

stbmo4 Well-Known Member

I'm also 12 weeks, and I had an ultrasound last week, so I'm feeling reassurred--but I've noticed I feel better in general. I think you are probably just feeling some relief of preg symptoms as you end the first trimester. I know it is always hard not to worry when something feels different, but if you aren't having any other symptoms I would try to relax.

I've noticed this week that I'm fine without my afternoon snack, where previously I was starving around 3p. Maybe our hormones are leveling out and our bodies are adjusting to eating for three!

Jennifer

4. Alli Baby

Alli Baby Well-Known Member

I was ravenous during the first 5-12 weeks. I was so hungry all the time that this was one of my major symptoms of pregnancy. However it did taper off around 12-14 weeks. I think your body is adjusting. I wouldn't worry [​IMG]

5. crazeek8

crazeek8 Member

HI there!

I think it's completely normal to go through phases of being starving and being content with what you eat. For the 1st trimester I was pretty sick so I didn't eat very much of anything. But then at about 14 weeks I was ravenous! It tapered off for a while and I am heading into another ravenous phase. I think the babies have their growth spurts and require more food at different times. I think everything will be ok!

6. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

At around 12-14 weeks I didnt feel pregnant and wasnt hungry

7. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I could eat everything in sight until my second trimester. Now, I am only hungry when its lunch time...sometimes I have to force myself to eat. I wouldnt worry.

8. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Sounds normal to me. Your body goes through phases, and it could just be your body's way of saying that it has adjusted to the demands of pregnancy. By 12 weeks, a lot of the early symptoms of pregnancy begin to dimish, such as morning sickness, appetite changes, and soreness in the breasts.

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

sounds normal - and it probably won't last!! i went through phases like that!

10. MrsCasper

MrsCasper Active Member

Agree with the other ladies. I think it is totally normal.
    Hang in there [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I'm just agreeing with everyone else. I go through similar phases of having no appetite, to being able to eat everything in sight. Your body will work it all out. Don't fret!

Reyna

12. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty normal - I was on again off again in the food department - now it's just that I'm running out of room! [​IMG]