Worried

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by knockedup, Aug 21, 2007.

1. knockedup

knockedup Active Member

I woke up at 4am this morning, with horrible cramps and a BAD backache...and everytime I go to the bathroom, I have what I'm pretty sure is the mucous plug? Or bloody show? I don't know what it is, this is my first time. (sorry for TMI)
    I'm praying I'm not going into labor...I have an OB appt. at 2, so I'm waiting until then to talk to my doctor. Also, I can't tell anymore if I'm having contractions, my whole belly has pretty much been staying really hard..
    I'm sooo worried!!!

2. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Hope everything is going ok for you?? keep us update

hugs to you

amanda

3. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I hope that everything is okay, glad that you have an ob appointment today. It seems with each passing week, this pregnancy thing gets more and more stressful!

KUP!

4. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

i will keep you and your babies in my thoughts!! good luck

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

So, it's almost 12 where you are right? I would go to L/D right now, if I were you. You don't want to wait too long if it is PTL. They have a better chance of stopping it if it is early. :hug99:

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ Aug 21 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]373990[/snapback]
    So, it's almost 12 where you are right? I would go to L/D right now, if I were you. You don't want to wait too long if it is PTL. They have a better chance of stopping it if it is early. :hug99:

I agree!! It sounds serious!! I hope that everything turns out ok. KEep us informed if possible! Take care of yourself and TRUST YOUR GUT!

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I agree with Becky!!

Please update us!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(becky5 @ Aug 21 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]373990[/snapback]

I agree!!

Keep us posted.

9. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I hope you called, although it is almost 2 PST now.

So to all you other ladies reading this...whenever you feel OFF, just call. That way, if there really is an issue, they can stop it in time.

I hope to read a happy update soon.

10. knockedup

knockedup Active Member

Okay so I called my doctor a little while after I posted this, and he didn't seem too concerned..he told me to wait until 2, so he could check me.
    So he started to check me, then all of a sudden, his facial expression totally changed, and he just kind of stopped. I was like "what is it? am I dialted?" and he was like "well I'm touching Baby A's head, so yes." I'm at 2 1/2 cm.
    He told me to take my Nifedipine(Procardia) 3 times a day, for the rest of this week. He wants me to be at least at 34 weeks. He told me that after 34 weeks, he won't try to stop labor. That kind of scares me, they're gonna be here real soon!! I feel soooooo much pressure, it feels like a baby is going to fall out.
    Oh and I just got back from my ultrasound a little while ago..looks like they're both head down. Baby A weighs 3lbs14oz and Baby B weighs 4lbs12oz...that's like a pound difference...should I be worried??

11. summerfun

I don't know how far along is too late to get the steroids shots, but did your OB say anything about you getting the steroid shots to help mature the babies lungs?

12. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

holy cow!! good luck! i hope you can keep the babies in awhile longer!

13. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

I just wanted to give you a little hope here....I was dilated to 4cm for over a week while having nearly constant contractions before I was finally induced at 37 weeks. I think I could have gone a few more days like that if I hadn't been induced! Sometimes your body takes a little while to prepare...so you might keep your twinkies in a little longer than you might think! Good luck!
    '
    Reyna

14. knockedup

knockedup Active Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Aug 21 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]374450[/snapback]
    I don't know how far along is too late to get the steroids shots, but did your OB say anything about you getting the steroid shots to help mature the babies lungs?

Yeah I already had the shots at 28 weeks for PTL. This is just crazy, I'm getting really nervous. I just want my babies to be healthy.

15. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Wow. Well I am glad that you did not deliver today! And I had the same question about the steroid shots.

As for the measurements, I wouldn't worry too much. When the baby is that low, it is hard to get a totally accurate measurement anyways. Try to take it easy. You are almost there!!!

16. becky5

becky5 Guest

:hug99: I am glad that they have put you on something for the contractions. Try to rest lying flat on your side as much as you possibly can, and water, water, water! Tons of it! I would call and ask the doc about the steroid shots as well. :hug99:

17. summerfun

QUOTE(knockedup @ Aug 21 2007, 10:57 PM) [snapback]374516[/snapback]
    Yeah I already had the shots at 28 weeks for PTL. This is just crazy, I'm getting really nervous. I just want my babies to be healthy.

I am really glad you got them already. I really believed they helped my babies so much.

Becky gave you some great advice, take it easy and try and stay off your feet and drink tons of water. And of course do not hesitate to call your OB with anything, especially if you have anything you had before your appt. yesterday. Hang in there. :hug99:

18. jesstheca

jesstheca Well-Known Member

I hope that between rest and drinking lots of water that you can delay delivery as long as possible...you can do it!

19. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

I am sorry that you are concerned. It is good that you have appointments today, but don't feel like you have to wait if you are worried now call them and see if they can get you in earlier!

20. ames4

ames4 Well-Known Member

Melinda,

I saw on your myspace page you are from Yuba City.

Who is your Dr? I am from the Sacramento area. I delivered at 32 weeks at Sutter Memorial, Dr Gilbert was my peri.

21. knockedup

knockedup Active Member

QUOTE(ames4 @ Aug 22 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]375512[/snapback]
    Melinda,

I saw on your myspace page you are from Yuba City.

Who is your Dr? I am from the Sacramento area. I delivered at 32 weeks at Sutter Memorial, Dr Gilbert was my peri.

Hello :)
    I have Dr. Hoffer. I've heard of Dr. Gilbert, my aunt had him a few years back!

22. knockedup

knockedup Active Member

Thanks for all the replies and advice! I'm definitely just resting. I first went into L&D at 28 weeks, and my doctor told me I would deliver anytime. Well my goal was to make it to at least 34 weeks, so I'm almost there! All I have been doing is laying around. I feel sooo much pressure..it feels like a baby is going to come out!

23. There is hope, I was at 23 weeks and put on hospital bedrest.
    It took me 10 weeks to get from 1.5cm to 6cm dilated.

24. summerfun

QUOTE(knockedup @ Aug 22 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]375557[/snapback]
    Thanks for all the replies and advice! I'm definitely just resting. I first went into L&D at 28 weeks, and my doctor told me I would deliver anytime. Well my goal was to make it to at least 34 weeks, so I'm almost there! All I have been doing is laying around. I feel sooo much pressure..it feels like a baby is going to come out!

Pressure like you need to push? If so, you need to call your OB and get to L&D.

25. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Their weights are actually really good for 33 weeks. My girls were born at 34 weeks and were smaller. My smaller twin spent 3 weeks in the NICU as a grower and feeder but her twin was out in 15 days. Hope you can hold off till 34 weeks. :hug99:

26. shannonfilteau

shannonfilteau Well-Known Member

Hope all is okay! You'll be in my thoughts! Take it easy! Keep us posted.

27. MommyofThreeBoys

MommyofThreeBoys Well-Known Member

My babies are 2 years old now and they were 35 weekers. They were healthy.
    The approx. weight the doctor told you might be off...Just days before my twins were born they were approximated at 4.4lbs. & 4.6lbs. They weighed 4.14lbs. & 6.2lbs.

If your babies are born now...my guess is they'll be all right.

28. knockedup

knockedup Active Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Aug 22 2007, 04:01 PM) [snapback]375626[/snapback]
    Pressure like you need to push? If so, you need to call your OB and get to L&D.

No, not like I need to push, it's just feels like the babies are pushing down very hard..my OB said it's normal, especially since Baby A is so low. It's just really uncomfortable though.

It's nice to hear that they should be fine if they're born now, I'm so nervous, I'm making myself sick!

29. CarolynNH

CarolynNH Member

hi..I am a newbie here and pregnant with my twins..but if it is any reassurance, I had my daughter at just over 34 weeks. We had 2 weeks in the NICU for her to get the hang of eating but she was and is fine and healthy! Hope you can keep the little ones in a bit longer!

30. summerfun

QUOTE(knockedup @ Aug 22 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]375914[/snapback]
    No, not like I need to push, it's just feels like the babies are pushing down very hard..my OB said it's normal, especially since Baby A is so low. It's just really uncomfortable though.
    It's nice to hear that they should be fine if they're born now, I'm so nervous, I'm making myself sick!

Oh good, I was getting worried when you said you felt pressure.

Your babies will be fine if they come now, look at mine, and mine are perfectly healthy!! Try not to worry about it, I know it's easier said then done, but I don't want you to worry yourself too much. You need to try and relax and take it easy. You got the steroid shots and those will help. :hug99: