Worried because I really only feel Twin A

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by NicoleMarieLG, Oct 27, 2008.

1. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

I have had many sonograms and both are fine, baby B is quieter and seems to nap alot (crossing my fingers here) but still.... Baby A has an anterior placenta so I SHOULD feel baby A less but typically I ONLY feel baby a :(

2. Four_to_Six

Four_to_Six Well-Known Member

How they are positioned may have a lot to do with that. As in one in front of the other??

My little guys are side by side. One is a "mover and a shaker" and my other one is a quite bit more mellow.

As long as you feel movement, that's good. :)

3. Mom2SaraandSam

Mom2SaraandSam Well-Known Member

My baby b is like that..I rarely feel her....sometimes it's how they're positioned that causes this, I think.

4. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

I agree with pp. Sometimes the position of the babies more than the placenta affects how much you feel. I remember at one point I felt movement only on my right side for a couple days. I assumed that was baby B. At my next u/s I saw they were both lying transverse with heads on my left and feet on my right. The movement I had been feeling on my right was both babies. Try drinking something sweet, like oj and lying on your left side. That should get them moving. Of course, if you're really concerned call your OB.

Christy

5. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Sophie (baby b) was always the one kicking me and i would only ever feel jack (baby A) occasionaly. I put it down to him just being lazy (well he is a boy ;) ) But if it keeps playing on your mind phone the doctor so he/she can put your mind at rest. Try not to worry to much x

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

My baby A (Addison) was very much a napper - they even had to wake her up with the buzzer towards the end. She is still my more laid back baby (and she is 21 months old!) Ava Grace was always and is still my wild child! I think position has a lot to do with it too.

7. Queen of Carrots

Queen of Carrots Well-Known Member

I could hardly ever feel Baby B--I think he was positioned with his back on the outside, so all his movement kicked his sister, not me. Anyway, he was of course fine and has never stopped moving from the moment of birth, so it must have just been position!

8. mollyjm

mollyjm Well-Known Member

Baby b, my boy, hardly moves the whole pregnancy. Baby a, my girl, is wild. She is always movng !

9. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(NicoleMarieLG @ Oct 27 2008, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1043732[/snapback]
    I have had many sonograms and both are fine, baby B is quieter and seems to nap alot (crossing my fingers here) but still.... Baby A has an anterior placenta so I SHOULD feel baby A less but typically I ONLY feel baby a :(

That is exactly how it has been for me, especially earlier on. You are still pretty early though--I didn't even feel movement until 19 weeks--and as time goes on, I've started to feel Baby B a lot more. The past week, they've actually been about equal! I also posted on here asking about it and a lot of MOMs said they also had an active baby and a pretty calm baby, and many of them said that their personalities after birth continued that same pattern they had shown in utero. ;) (e.g. one always on the go, the other content to sit and chill out, snuggle, etc.)

10. jmantia84

jmantia84 Well-Known Member

I feel Baby B (Brandon) more so than I feel Baby A (Natalie)...she just never seems to get crazy in there, she's a mellow baby so far :). But I also haven't had an ultrasound since we found out the sexes, it could be like PP said, they are both facing the same way, and you're feeling both :). If you're worried, ask the doc, but you should be just fine :).

Jessie

11. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

I feel baby B a lot less than Baby A. They are side be side, but A is also on top. In the past week or so, B has twice stuck his bum as far out as he can. It was like he just wanted his presence known. So you might feel your B mor when the get bigger. Don't worry!

12. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

Baby B is my kicker and Baby A is my hiccupper. Its funny cause almost everytime after A's brother starts going wild a couple minutes later B will just hiccup for a while. We joke that his brother beats him up until he just gets nervous and hiccups. Its a little sad to say that.

Now here's a question: is it starnge to have a baby who hiccups like 4 or 5 times a day and the other one like maybe every other day?

(Sorry don't mean to thread jack, but this has been killing me to know!)

13. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I was going to post this same topic last night but fell asleep. I'm terrified that I'm going to be asked to do kick counts starting this week. My baby A is my mover and shaker and I hardly ever feel baby B. B has moved significantly since my last u/s 3 weeks ago and I think she's facing my internal organs with her butt sticking out of my tummy. I'm thinking that's why I don't feel her as much. I have a peri appt today so I plan on asking about this and I'll post the response.

Happy kicking!

14. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

During my pregnancy, I barely felt baby A and always felt B. The OB said it was due to their positions and where their placentas were. Perhaps Baby B is just in an awkward position right now. If you are especially concerned, it never hurts to call the OB to check things out!

15. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

I don't feel both actively earlier on too...but around 28-29 weeks I started feeling both - strongly! I think as we're earlier on there's still space for them to move ard freely without you feeling much of their movement, but as they get bigger, you'd be able to. If the dr says they're fine, I wouldn't worry yourself too much (I know its hard!!) but think soon you'll feel them both. ;)

16. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

You are still very early for feeling regular movement. For me, I oftentimes had a hard time telling which baby I was feeling particularly if arms and legs are crossed over each other and such. As I got much farther along, I could differentiate between the two because their positions no longer shifted around.

17. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

I almost never felt baby B. He had extra fluid and unless he was turned with his feet at baby A's head I didnt' feel a thing. It was nerve wracking and I used the fetal heart monitor occasionally. Mostly I just got used to it - he was always fine and moving at the dr appts and I couldn't feel anything then either. He's still our mellow, content boy. Baby A is still all over the place just like he was when I was pg.

18. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone! They are side by side and the doctor says that is not changing due to the membrane separating them. I am early I know ((hug)) thank you for reminding me. I tend to be a basketcase with pregnancy. Baby B is breech with her feet towards the membrane so maybe thats why I don't feel her as much. This morning Baby A MOVED as in COMPLETELY TURNED :eek: I had never felt that before even with my son! Very cool... wondering now what positon Baby A has gotten themselves into!

19. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

That is cool. :) Glad you're feeling better!

20. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

My babies were like that too. Depending on their positions you may only be feeling one or you may be feeling both and not realizing it. They slip and move amongst eachother and it can get confusing as to who really is who in there.