worried bc I don't feel pregnant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by chiremba, Apr 6, 2008.

1. chiremba

chiremba New Member

Hi all. I'm 8w2d pregnant with IVF twins. Saw their perfect selves 2 wks ago on ultrasound. I stopped my estrogen & progesterone last weekend, and now don't feel pregnant at all. I had cramping, huge boobs, & constipation. Cramps are gone, boobs are smaller, & I'm using fiber so the constipation is better. I know I should feel really lucky I"m not puking & incapacitated, but I just feel scared that they are dead. I realize this is somewhat irrational (I'm a doctor myself and should know better), but still, I just picture myself bleeding at any moment. Anyone else have no symptoms at all with 8wk twins? Anyone else have all their symptoms go away when you stopped IVF meds?

2. mamaleah

mamaleah Well-Known Member

My case is a little different, because our twins were a shock to us with no IVF or meds. But I had a very noneventful 1st trimester. THis is my 3rd pregnancy and so far has been my easiest. In the very beginning (4-6 weeks) I was a little queasy and very tired (clued me in that i was pregnant). Then not much at all, my last 2 pregnancies were rough with lots of puking and headaches. SO I was shocked that twins weren't causing double the symptoms of the past and often times wondered if somthing was wrong. I am now 23 weeks, with a great big belly and lots of movements that making me sure things are going well. Enjoy your symtom free time things will start to happen making you uncomfortable soon enough :D

3. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

I always worried about not feeling pregnant as well, and things are going fine. Dr. reasurred me that you don't have to feel pregnant, some women have symptoms, other don't... I got some m/s around the 10th week but that's about it. Good luck and congratulations to you :)

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I dont have any experience with IVF meds, but I never felt pregnant until I was about 15 weeks. I used to always worry because I had zero pregnacy symptoms. I agree with the pp, some women feel preggo and some don't. GL, and try not to worry!

5. julesbabies

julesbabies Well-Known Member

I was posting this similar concern early on in my pregnancy, although I dont have IVF experience. I did not feel pregnant at all except I started to grow out of my pants at around 9 weeks. I did not have any pregnancy symptoms other than getting larger until around 17 weeks when I had round ligament pain. Since then it has been pretty much easy street except my belly getting hard that started also around 17-19 weeks.

I hope you keep feeling good and have a wonderful pregnancy!

6. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I didn't feel pregnant until about 14 weeks. Only then because my back hurt all the time. 5 weeks later we found out it was twins. I didn't even feel the babies move until after 20 weeks. I felt like I went from normal me to super sized whale me in a month.

7. Jocasta

Jocasta Well-Known Member

I didn't have many pregnancy symptoms with the twins either. Having mono mono twins I was confidently worried that they were dead so totally understand the fear. Can you go to your doctor and get a quick ultrasound or some other test to confirm that you are still pregnant?

8. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

i didnt have IVF but i didnt have any symptoms either. boobs were a wee bit sore but thats it. started to "feel" pregnant at around 4-5 months

9. bstone716

bstone716 Well-Known Member

I remember feeling the exact same way, though I don't have experience with IVF. Be thankful you're not plagued with morning (or all-the-time) sickness and many of the other symptoms of pregnancy! The early days of pregnancy are difficult b/c you can't feel them moving yet. I also remember being at a monthly check-up at my OB's office and telling him I was concerned b/c I thought I'd be bigger than I was (I was maybe 12 or 14 weeks at the time). He assured me that I'd get very large very quickly and I did! B)

Try to relax and stay calm! And know that you're not alone.

Becky

10. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

Like pp have said, unless you are plagued by m/s, the reminders of being pregnant are few and far between in the beginning. I just felt like I was getting chubby! My boobs started to feel less sore and my energy level picked up...I swore I was no longer pregnant :)

Hang in there and soon enough, you will *definitely* feel and look pregnant!

11. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I did IVF and never had one moment of nausea or morning sickness! You can only trust that you are and wait for your next doctor's appt. I'd call if you are really concerned.

12. lemirek

lemirek New Member

QUOTE(chiremba @ Apr 6 2008, 10:14 AM) [snapback]707578[/snapback]
    Hi all. I'm 8w2d pregnant with IVF twins. Saw their perfect selves 2 wks ago on ultrasound. I stopped my estrogen & progesterone last weekend, and now don't feel pregnant at all. I had cramping, huge boobs, & constipation. Cramps are gone, boobs are smaller, & I'm using fiber so the constipation is better. I know I should feel really lucky I"m not puking & incapacitated, but I just feel scared that they are dead. I realize this is somewhat irrational (I'm a doctor myself and should know better), but still, I just picture myself bleeding at any moment. Anyone else have no symptoms at all with 8wk twins? Anyone else have all their symptoms go away when you stopped IVF meds?

Hey there! This is my first pregnancy and it's with twins, but we did not use any fertility help it just runs in the family for us. I have not had any vomiting at all! I was nauseated for the first 4-5 weeks and am now 8 weeks, 1 day. I don't get nauseous anymore. I had cramping for the first month too and I really don't have that anymore either. I still get tired fast and want to take naps often and that's about it. Since this is my first pregnancy I didn't really know what to expect. My mother and grandmother both had severe vomiting and all kinds of things when they were pregnant with all their babies but I am smooth sailing for the most part. I worry too but it's ok! I'm sure we're both fine!

13. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I totally understand your worry. I'm going through that right now with this baby even though I already had the same no-symptoms experience with the twins. It's just hard not to worry when you have no way of knowing if the baby is okay!

I had zero early pregnancy symptoms with the twins. The first 18 weeks or so were a breeze and then it got harder. My uterus didn't even start measuring large until 16 weeks and we had no idea it was twins until our u/s at 19 weeks. With my singleton, I was really sick, tired, and was peeing all the time for the first trimester. It was a big difference.

14. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

Mine were also a surprise to us. but the only pregnancy symptom I had was fatigue.. it was rather severe. The only time I was ever sick to my stomach was when I brushed my teeth.. made me gag.. but other then that I was not sick one bit. And thats after horrible morning sickness with my last several pregnancies. And I can remember being worried non stop that something was wrong.

15. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

I wish I were so lucky not to get so sick! It's my observation that every woman's body handles it differently. I can hardly function until 16 plus weeks typically, but my sisters NEVER get sick! Hang in there, and if the worry continues to plague you, call your doc and tell him/her you really need some reassurance. I don't think your anxieties are abnormal. . .

16. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

In the very beginning I didn't feel pregnant either, so much that i almost ordered a margarita when I went to a restaraunt. My SO stopped and was like what you can't drink you're pregnant. I completely forgot because I didn't feel like it. Moment of ditzyness on my part :D

trust me, that changes!

17. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I was also very worried in the beginning of my pregnancy because I didn't have any real symptoms (not like the ones I experienced with my dd.) I had a previous m/c with more symptoms so that only added to my paranoia. I wouldn't worry though. You'll have much more monitoring with twins, so you'll get a lot more reassurance than most (more u/s, etc) Good luck and congratulations on your twins!!

18. chiremba

chiremba New Member

Thanks everybody for your reassuring stories of symptomless twins. I called my IVF clinic this morning and they were very sympathetic and told me to come right in for a "mental health ultrasound". My babies are fine. I was so relieved I cried. I think perhaps that's a pregnancy symptom itself... Anyway this is one advantage of paying for all the care out of pocket at the IVF clinic - they are more than happy to be really nice to me, fit me in immediately, tell me I'm not nuts, give me pictures of 2 perfect babies, and take my $350!! Only 1 more week with them then off to regular prenatal care. :)

19. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

After dealing w/ infertility, your fears are totally normal!!! I don't think I breathed during the first trimester at all! Even part way into the second! I did not have that many pregnancy symptoms. I was nauseous, but didn't throw up all that much. I liked it when I t/u because it reassured me! Glad they could give you an u/s to reassure you! :)

20. theklafkas

theklafkas Well-Known Member

I had all of the pregnancy symptoms, but didn't feel pregnant until just recently. I am showing a lot and I have started feeling the babies a lot. My favorite part of being pregnant! I was at the zoo last weekend and a lady asked me "How far along are you?" I told her that I am 5 months pregnant with b/g twins and she said "Oh I thought you were about to pop!" LOL!!! I am as big as I was when I was 8 months pregnant with my 2 year old daughter, but I am loving every miserable minute of it!

21. jacquie123

jacquie123 New Member

QUOTE(Jenn G @ Apr 7 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]709930[/snapback]
    I was also very worried in the beginning of my pregnancy because I didn't have any real symptoms (not like the ones I experienced with my dd.) I had a previous m/c with more symptoms so that only added to my paranoia. I wouldn't worry though. You'll have much more monitoring with twins, so you'll get a lot more reassurance than most (more u/s, etc) Good luck and congratulations on your twins!!

i found this post bc i am sufferning from the same symptoms. i had all the signs of pregnancy, pressure in belly, sore breasts, nausea and now at 10 weeks it's just gone, nothing and i am scared, your post is a little reassuring but not really bc this came after a day of peeing all day and now i no longer feel preg, i am calling the doctor this morning

22. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

I had a total lack of symptoms for the first trimester myself. It was totally eerie! I could have sworn I was all set to miscarry at any moment. My doctor was very nice and allowed me to call 5 million times, reassuring me every single time. Even now, if I didn't feel them kicking, I would swear I wasn't pregnant. I would think I ate a whole (hopefully really hot Spanish) soccer team but that is explainable in the right frame of mind. Hormones??? LOL

Try and keep your mind open and know that your body is doing what it is supposed to and your babies are safely growing. If you need reassurance, I just know any of the VERY kind women here will help you along.