worried- baby b is not moving AGAIN, how many of you been through similar, often?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by desolation_anonymous, Sep 5, 2008.

1. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

They have settled into patterns of times, etc. the last three weeks. Baby A is a kickboxer. Baby B- I feel maybe 2--4 times an hour, which is weird, because they have been in the same position (head down, side by side, just one is a little higher than the other).

So they keep on telling me that kick counts don't start until 28 weeks, but to watch for 'normal' movements. And, I feel like I'm having to live at L&D. I feel like I'm being a pain, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. But I still don't know before 28 weeks how LONG to wait before going in...

The last couple of weeks the boys have been throwing me for a loop. Last week- I felt no movement from baby B all day. Went in, to L&D he was fine.

Last Thursday, no movement from baby A. Went in to L&D, he was fine.

Yesterday, no movement from them both. They normally kick-box in the mornings. Went in, the hooked them to monitors and they said they look fine. I didn't feel Baby B move ALL DAY until last evening.

Now today- Baby A is kickboxing again. Only about 3 kicks from Baby B all morning. He doesn't kick much, but this is much less than normal. I *think* I will go in again after work if it doesn't pick up, or is this too late?

How many of you have been through stuff like this this often? Right now I think I should ask my husband to forward my mail to L&*D....

And can anyone answer, if you feel no/decreased fetal movement and get it checked out at L&D, and they tell you to 'come back in if it happens again', how soon do you go back in if you still don't feel fetal movement?

2. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

I was told not to be concerned about it until after 28 weeks.

That being said, I have a friend who paid careful attention to her babies' movement and mentioned a lack of twin-b movement to her doctor. She saved her baby's life, but the poor thing has been in the NICU for nearly 2 months and still has about another month to go.

I would go days only feeling one baby over the other, then it would switch. In my kick counts I was instructed to count 10 kicks regardless of which baby is doing the movement. I try to feel for a few movements from each baby throughout the day. I know my twin-b is less active, or at least I feel him less in general. Twin-a beats the crap out of me.

3. Lorem Ipsum

Lorem Ipsum Well-Known Member

QUOTE(desolation_anonymous @ Sep 5 2008, 11:41 AM) [snapback]965330[/snapback]
    Right now I think I should ask my husband to forward my mail to L&*D....

If they would just set up a wireless access port for patient use...

And I wouldn’t worry about being a pain. Anyone that gets a little frustrated or annoyed by all the visits to Labor & Delivery will get over it, more important to make sure we’re taking care of the babies!

4. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

What you should do is rent a fetal doppler heart rate monitor. Then you can check their heart rates yourself. I'm sure there will still be times that you'll want to go into L&D but at least that will get some of the worry off your mind. It helped me immensely when my girls had TTTS. My Baby B moved way more than my Baby A. I did get worried if I went the entire day without feeling one and almost went into L&D with Dax one day because of that but, if I felt any movement at all, then I knew they were okay.

5. MyCrazyLife

MyCrazyLife Active Member

If you're worried, then call your doctor for sure. So much better to be safe than sorry.

That said, I can tell you that for me, Baby B felt like she wasn't moving at all, sometimes for days. Even now, she just shifts... But she's also got 2 placentas cushioning her movements from me. That's something to keep in mind. Do you know where your placentas are?

Because I thought Baby A was the active one until I learned I simply wasn't feeling Baby B because she had all that monster size placenta in the way.

Some babies are just quieter, tucked in there. Probably plotting! ;-)

6. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MyCrazyLife @ Sep 5 2008, 10:28 PM) [snapback]966073[/snapback]
    If you're worried, then call your doctor for sure. So much better to be safe than sorry.

That said, I can tell you that for me, Baby B felt like she wasn't moving at all, sometimes for days. Even now, she just shifts... But she's also got 2 placentas cushioning her movements from me. That's something to keep in mind. Do you know where your placentas are?

Because I thought Baby A was the active one until I learned I simply wasn't feeling Baby B because she had all that monster size placenta in the way.

Some babies are just quieter, tucked in there. Probably plotting! ;-)

1 placenta, as they are mono/di. Posterior placenta.

LOL on "Some babies are just quieter, tucked in there. Probably plotting! ;-)"

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I would call or go in as much as you need to - but I will tell you my baby b was always less active - they had to wake her up with the buzzer at almost every bpp ultrasound - It was scary for me at the time !!I understand your worry totally!! Now she is 20 months old and STILL much less active than her sister!!

8. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

Totally understand how you're feeling!!! I track their kicks and movements daily too, and if I don't get any kicks from them for more than an hour or two, I'll start to poke around to see if I get a respond, and they'd usually respond with a small kick, sometimes a hard kick, probably angry that I woke them up!! :rotflmbo:

9. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

I feel very lucky in this department. My girls are like clockwork. I can tell you down to the half hour when they will start and stop moving. My baby B does move alot less, but she has been that way since the beginning. she moves mostly at night and baby A is mostly during the afternoon. They dont move much at all after 10pm till nearly 10am the next morning...

I would call as much as you need too! Being safe is SOOOO much better than being sorry! Good luck mama!