Work

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rinaownsu, Aug 20, 2014.

1. rinaownsu

rinaownsu Active Member

How many moms went back to work within the first year of having your twins? At how many months?

My girls are three months and I had to go back to full time work on Monday. Ahhhhhhhhh ! Oh & I start school again next week!

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I went back at 8 weeks. Full time. I'm a litigation attorney.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I went back at 8 weeks too.  We couldn't afford for me not to. 

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I went back around 10 or 11 weeks. Besides the fact that I needed to work for financial reasons, I also have better balance in my life when I am working.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I went back at 8 weeks too, full time.  And I did some work from home while on maternity leave as well.  

6. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I was in the middle of grad school when our twins came along.  I started taking classes again on when they were 5 months old, but only part time.  I went back full time to finish up when they were 2, and as soon as I finished school, I went to work full time.  I never wanted to be a SAHM, but I was glad I didn't have to go back when they were just a few weeks old.

7. rinaownsu

rinaownsu Active Member

I definitly agree, going back to work gives life back a balance. I know this may sound bad but staying at home all day and night with the twins was driving me crazy. Although I am exhausted, I feel a lot better emotionally.

8. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I went back FT at 8 weeks.

9. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I went back FT at 8 weeks.

10. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I wet back FT at 12wks but only to cover my coworkers maternity leave then I dropped to PT:)

11. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I went back at 9 months, but I did quite a bit of work from home and some business trips before I was officially back in the office. I went back PT but that worked out to be 30-40 hours a week so it was stressful and a big organizational challenge. I did not like going back and never enjoyed work like I did before I had the twins (and I truly loved being an attorney before I had kids) so I am glad that we can afford for me to be a SAHM for a couple of years with the new baby.

12. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Well-Known Member

It's great that you understand this and don't want to stand still. Development and change are always good.

13. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

Hello, I also started trading and chose cryptocurrencies, because I think that this is now the most profitable investment option. A big advantage of trading for me is the ability to automate the process. I trade on the cryptomkt.com platform and usually log in for 20-30 minutes a day to see new strategies etc. It's very convenient.