Work from home?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by krisgabes, Apr 3, 2013.

1. krisgabes

krisgabes Active Member

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I have touched base on here. I'm sorry! Its been a crazy first year with Kate and Madison, but we surived and everyone is doing great! I was wondering if anyone could recommend or had any suggestions on working from home. I have been lucky enough to be able to stay home with the grls up until now. The thought of leaving them after all this time of being with them makes me very sad and anxious. I was wondering if any other stay at home moms do anything for extra money? ANy ideas or thoughts would be appreciated! Hope everyone is doing well!
    XO Kristen

2. lilybay

lilybay Well-Known Member

I quit my job when my boys were born mostly because the cost of daycare would have been nearly all of my salary! So I looked for ways to make extra money at home. Last fall I started blogging - I actually write for a pretty popular local money saving blog. I know many people have success starting their own blogs, too. I do all my writing when the boys sleep. The pay is not great, but it adds up over time.
    At the beginning of this year, I started watching a 3 month old part time. It's crazy having three kids under two in the house three days a week, but the money is decent and he's actually a really good baby.
    Hopefully that gives you some ideas. Good luck!

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

About 10 years ago I sold Pampered Chef for a couple years. I made a few hundred dollars a month and averaged about 1 show/week. I was never a big sales person and didn't have a bunch of people under me. It was a little extra money, lots of free or low cost kitchen tools, and some adult conversation one night/week. It's definitely possible to make more with some extra effort.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I have a friend who sells Tupperware as a work at home option. She does some parties and open houses at her house, but mostly she posts flyers and specials on a Facebook page and people buy from her that way. She has three young kids at home (ages 2-6), and it seems to work well for her.

5. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I sold Avon part-time for 2 years. I made decent extra $$ and got discounted makeup and skin care products.

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I rent birth pools. It was a little pricey to start up but I made back my costs within a few months and there's very little maintenance cost.

7. krisgabes

krisgabes Active Member

Thanks everyone those are all god ideas. I will look into them!

8. efmolly

efmolly Well-Known Member

Amen! Add up daycare, clothes, food, gas, etc. and you have to make a pretty good living to justify going back to work! I'm a hairstylist and after the boys I started doing hair for close friends and family during nap time. I don't make much (a few hundred a month) but it's almost as much as I would be bringing home, working full-time. What did you do before? Is it something you could do a little from home. For example, I know some companies look for people to do secretary type work from home. Or maybe you were a fitness trainer and now you can offer lessons to your neighbors when your husband is home? You get what Im saying? Try to work with what you know.

9. Boberr

Boberr Member

If you want to find yourself a job where you won't even need to leave your house then I think that Forex trading will be a good option for you. So, if you are interested in this topic and would like to try it then be sure to check out ExpertOption भारत. Here you will find yourself a broker to start with. Hope you will like it as well.