Wondering if I should keep the new SBS

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by NINI H, Apr 21, 2008.

1. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I just bought a new side by side stroller. I have had my graco duoglider for about 6 yrs. I used it with my older two. But now that I have twins, they want to be able to touch each other and play together when we are out. Our second home is the local ice rink where my sons and husband play hockey. So they spend a lot a time in a stroller. They are getting ready for their first birthday, but can still be in their snugride carseats for quite a bit longer. I guess I'll just take them out often.
    Long story to ask a question. :lol: Does anyone own the new Chicco Trevi Twin Stoller Extreme??? It was a good price $200. But I had a coupon and got it for $170. I need a umbrella stoller (due to all the hockey bags) with a basket for storage. I really wanted cup holders for the babies, but couldn't get that too with an umbrella. But it does have one parent cup holder.
    IF no one has this stroller what about the older C 5 stoller??? It looks similar.
    Any info would help!!! :D I just don't want to get it out of the box, if people hate it.
    Oh if anyone wants to check it out here a link:
    http://chiccousa.com/product.php?productid...t=27&page=1

2. srange

srange Well-Known Member

That looks like a great stroller. I have been looking at the C5. What is the difference between this one and the C5? I have a friend who has the single C5 and she just loves and it and highly recommends it. I don't think you will be sorry with this one!!

Stacy

3. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wonder about it. It seems like no one must have this or the C 5.
    I'm not really sure what the difference is. But I do know that Baby-r-us just got this one in last week. So it must be an updated model. There's a rainboot that can go over the babies legs and feet, maybe that is a newer feature. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be very helpful for too long since mine are almost a yr old.
    One of my concerns is that there isn't a middle handle. So I'm wondering how it steers with one baby in your arms and the other in the stroller. My duoglider is great for that. I'm so used to a tandem stroller, it may just be an adjustment to a side by side.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

QUOTE(NINI H @ Apr 21 2008, 06:35 PM) [snapback]731860[/snapback]
    One of my concerns is that there isn't a middle handle. So I'm wondering how it steers with one baby in your arms and the other in the stroller.

I've never heard of that stroller specifically, but FWIW, this is definitely a problem with our Maclaren. It's really hard to steer one-handed, and I've never really tried it while actually holding a baby -- just while holding a cup of coffee.

5. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I have a Chicco Citta SBS that I got for $100 new on Craigslist (normally around $140). It's working fine for us. I bought it when they were almost two, and sold my Duoglider at the same time. I also have a double jogger we use for walking, I don't normally pack that one up and take it anywhere.

My Chicco Citta has a nice sized basket and a middle handle to use for pushing (although I use it more to hang bags/purse).

6. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Well, just an update. I decided to keep it, and so far...... I LOVE IT! The side by side takes a bit a getting used to, but doorways are somewhat easier. I mean the power doors would be nice, but it's so much shorter. The baskets seems to be working out and the one cup holder is great. I do need to figure out what to do about snacks for them, because they eat at the rink so much. But I was thinking about getting those snack cups with lids that have slits. I wonder if they work. It seems easy enough to push one handed with a baby in your arms, without the middle handle. Albeit, my two are still only around 16 lbs.

Thanks everyone for their help and recommendations. You girls are always so helpful. THANK-YOU!!! :friends:

7. jenniej

jenniej Well-Known Member

I tried a bunch of SBS's out including the one you listed. I am 5 foot 4 in and the two bars were just really too far apart for me to be comfy plus you could really stear one-handed - what's the use of a cup holder if you have to stop to drink all the time!

We got the Combi and love it. I'll have to buy a drink holder on-line - they are only 5-10 bucks for universal ones.

8. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I looked at the combi twin savvy, but I really needed the basket space. We carry alot to the ice rink. But the Combi has that bar across inside the basket, not making it very practical for our family. I loved the idea of the snack/cup tray though! I'm glad you found one right for you.

9. srange

srange Well-Known Member

I too went out and got this stroller. I have only used it once so far, but I really like it!! I love how light and easy to push it is. My babes are only 10w old and enjoyed it too!! I can't wait for summer to use it all the time!! Thanks for telling us all about the stroller :)

Stacy