wiping snotty, runny noses

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ~ilyse~, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

Mine are both sick. They sneeze or wake up from napping/sleeping and it is all over their face. So they cry but they don't like it when I try to wipe their noses/faces, so they cry. I can't win. How do you all handle this??

2. Jen620

Jen620 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just keep wiping. I try to catch the girls standing in front of me, facing out, so I'm reaching around them to wipe, it's in the same position as wiping my own nose. Does that make sense?

Using a warm washcloth when it's dried on help for my girls. Some days all I do is carry Kleenex around all day!!

3. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Mine hate it too, but I have found these moist tissues from kleenex, I think, and they work great! Keeps their noses from getting raw. And I agree, getting them from behind is a lot easier!

4. hanknbeans

hanknbeans Well-Known Member

Mine used to do the same thing. They get over it. Now they lean their face into me to wipe it. Hang in there!

5. jena4

jena4 Well-Known Member

I always use a warm washcloth and I tell them, "let mommy help you". Then I show them what I got. They stand super still for me now since I figured that one out!!
    Good luck!!
    jena

6. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I use a warm wet washcloth and wipe. Afterwards I put Aquaphor on their nose area to make the next wipe easier.

7. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

QUOTE(hanknbeans @ Nov 28 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]512818[/snapback]
    Mine used to do the same thing. They get over it. Now they lean their face into me to wipe it. Hang in there!

Ditto that. I say get the softest tissues you can for normal wiping and do like pp's said and use a wet washcloth for when it's dried on. They will learn that they have to put up with it. If their noses seem to be getting sore from the wiping I put Vaseline on after each wipe.

8. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

i use the cloth diapers....or wipes. i usually make a game of it..or just do it super fast so they don't know i did it. they sometimes get the cloth now and wipe their noses. very cute!