winter coats

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MichelleL, Sep 7, 2008.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

For anyone in the cooler winter climates, I need some winter coat advice. I have been looking for coats for the girls but they are so bulky! Does anyone know of any nice warm winter jackets out there that aren't made of marshmallows? :D

2. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

I have been getting my almost all of my girls jackets (including winter and snow suits) from the OshKosh Outlet. I love them and they have never seemed too bulky. I am trying to get out to the outlets this week to get this winters coats.

Hope that helps.

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

If you can find duffle coats those are usually nice and warm without too much bulk.

4. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I guess mine aren't really bulky, and I have to admit they are Shopko coats. But the ones we use for really cold weather are bulky, I think they are warmer that way (probably just in my mind) :pardon:

5. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

i saw some at carters that were fleece lined and didn't *seem* that bulky....

6. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I found a nice wool duffel coat for Sarah that she was able to wear for 2 years. (I got it at a consignment store, so that's probably not much help...) But Amy had a regular ski-jacket type coat and that worked fine too.

7. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

8. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Granted I'm in SC now so not sure I'm much help, but we still get cold mornings to deal with. We stick with fleece because it's nice a warm and not too bulky in the car seats. If it's extra cold, I'll layer them underneath the fleece and it's still less bulky than a big coat. I'm not even buying them actual coats this year since the last two winters they've sat in the closet without being worn!

9. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Michelle, I hit the Osh Kosh outlet every year. They are fleece on the inside, so not as bulky. Plus, they give a 10% multiples discount :)

10. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Hey Michelle!

I found some AWESOME coats at BJs one year. They were 3 in 1 and made by Osh Kosh. Believe me, we got our $$ worth out of those coats.

I think there is an Osh Kosh store at the outlets. Maybe a good reason to plan another Mass TS Moms night out?!

ETA: Love your new avi!

11. threetimesblessed

threetimesblessed Active Member

I got my older dd her coat through LL Bean. They have the "thinsulate" lining which is very warm and not bulky at all. The coat was really light too. In fact it was so "not bulky" that I had to call and question them to make sure the coat would be warm. I ended up googling thinsulate to read the temperature ratings.

It was pricey, so I bought the coat a little large and I'm hoping to get another season out of it. Fingers crossed.

12. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

The boys have the big marshmallow jackets that are the 3 in one jackets. They are the huge marshmallows, then you can unzip it and it makes a smaller jacket without the hood, and then you can unzip that and it makes just a vest like jacket.

13. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(sharongl @ Sep 8 2008, 05:31 AM) [snapback]968744[/snapback]
    Michelle, I hit the Osh Kosh outlet every year. They are fleece on the inside, so not as bulky. Plus, they give a 10% multiples discount :)

Sharon, that's an excellent tidbit!!! :banana:

Michelle, you crack me up!! Marshmallow jackets!! :laughing: It's SO true!!!

I am glad you posted this!

14. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great tips!!

QUOTE(Juj @ Sep 8 2008, 07:54 AM) [snapback]968764[/snapback]
    I think there is an Osh Kosh store at the outlets. Maybe a good reason to plan another Mass TS Moms night out?!

YES!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Sep 8 2008, 10:59 AM) [snapback]969104[/snapback]
    Michelle, you crack me up!! Marshmallow jackets!! :laughing: It's SO true!!!

:D

15. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member