Will they ever start taking longer naps again?!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Sara26, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

Lately my girls have not been napping well. They went from sleeping 2 or 2.5 hours to sleeping 1.5 hours if I'm lucky - usually more like 1 hour. This has been going on for weeks. They wake up around 7 or 7:30, go down for a nap at 11:30, and go to bed at 7. Is this just a phase? Is it the age (18 months)? Anyone else?

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Probably never. Mine started sleeping longer when they went to daycare though(from 1 hour with me to 2 at daycare) but they were getting up earlier (from 9 to 7 and still going to bed at the same time between 9-10)

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

It is a phase. Just be consistant about keeping them in their cribs, and don't go in unless someone is pictching a fit.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Sharon, it's probably just a phase.

5. swiertel

swiertel Well-Known Member

I also agree that it's a phase. Mine did that for a while, but I guess I kinda trained them to sleep longer. I would go in and tell them it was still night night time. Most days they sleep 2 2/1-3 hours now.

6. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Could be a phase. My boys went from 3 hour naps to 1 or 1.5 hour naps for about a 3 week period, then snapped back into 3 hours again.

My niece is 17 months and she used to take 4 hour naps until 2 months ago where she was sleeping for only 1 hour. After about 5-6 weeks she slowly starting creeping back (they had to revert to 2 naps again for a while) and is now sleeping for about 2 hours.

7. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

I think it is a phase. They are pretty young to be done with naps. Hang in there.