Wide glider/rockers

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by aworre, Jun 2, 2010.

1. aworre

aworre New Member

Hi, I'm another newbie here, 21 weeks with B/B twins, and this is my first pregnancy so everything's new to me. I am wondering a couple of things about glider/rockers.......

1. Does anyone know if any manufacturers make a chair-and-a-half version?

2. Does anyone know which model Dutailier is the widest they make? I see one is called the XL so I guess that is the widest one.

3. Is it even worth getting a glider/rocker with twins? It doesn't seem like the twin nursing pillows are going to fit in there with me unless I can get a huge chair. Do you just nurse on the couch or bed so you have more room?

Does anyone LOVE their chair? All my friends with singletons love their Dutailiers but they just seem too small for twins.

Thanks for your advice :)

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I bought just a plain chair and half because rocking twins takes more coordination than I have. Pottery barn I believe makes a glider that is a chair and a half.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love my chair and a half, too. It has an ottoman and so much support! I also had to mourn the loss of the glider but now wouldn't trade my chair & a .5 for anything. It's so wide I can lay a baby next to where I'm going to sit, put on the ez2 nurse, pick up the other baby, sit down next to the first and pick him up. It's so much nicer than our narrow couch, unsupportive bed or too small lazy boy. I heart this chair!

4. MsTasha

MsTasha Well-Known Member

I have this one and it is extra wide: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3931049 The only thing I don't like is that you can't rock with the feet up.
    If space is no issue, they have another one that has a separate ottoman that I like a lot, they were the same except for the recliner/ottoman option.

5. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I purchased a double-wide Little Castle glider and LOVE IT! I generally feed both babies alone and sit on the left side holding one baby and bottle in my left hand, then have the other baby in a Boppy to my right and hold his bottle with my right hand. It has worked great for us so far. A link to a photo of my glider is below:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30871731&l=27cf638a17&id=1103118773

I did look at the Pottery Barn one as well - I liked the fact that it was slipcovered, BUT it is significantly more expensive and the fabric choices are limited. You can find the Little Castle version on a number of websites that offer coupon codes (check for codes via retailmenot.com or naughtycodes.com). I purchased mine from CSN Baby - here's a link:

http://www.csnbaby.com/Little-Castle-23CH-EJ1012.html

Also, Little Castle offers a wide range of fabrics, but not all online retailers offer all the fabrics, just FYI.

6. aworre

aworre New Member

Thank you very much, this is very helpful! I already have a chair and a half as part of our living room suit and I wonder if it's going to work. It's actually probably more like a chair and 1/4 if I compare it to amymc's Little Castle, but it's pretty big. I am going to go ahead and buy my nursing pillow and put it on and try it in the chair and see how much room there is left. That would be cool if it works and we don't actually have to buy anything new at all! It just seems werid not to be buying a rocking chair when you're having a baby, you know?

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So much of my twin pregnancy was reconciling myself to how this would be different. I also would have bought a glider or rocker, but logistically needed something different. I also really wanted one of those 'travel systems'- you know, where the infant carrier is in the stroller, then you just stop using the carrier. They match and they are beautiful to me, lol. But I needed the utilitarian Snap and Go... sigh. Eventually the item itself proves worth its weight in gold when you need to be comfortable, quick, or it helps in a pinch.