Why? Different wake times...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MNTwinSquared, Apr 10, 2009.

1. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Ok, I ALWAYS have a twin coming upstairs to our bed at about 6:15am. The other one generally sleeps in. What puzzles me is that they take turns.. it isn't always the same early bird each time. Do you think they plan this?

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Yup, they talk about it each night and decide whose turn it is to wake up their lazy parents who sleep in every morning past 6:15 :p :lazy:

This is why I dread moving my girls out of their cribs.

3. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Maybe.... I always have one that is earlier than the other but it's my early riser, Patrick. He starts talking a mile a minute at 6am every day. :gah:

4. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Yep! In our house, I believe they made a pact, "Whit you get up at 4 and have a snack and chat. I will sleep in". "Okay, Carmen, I got it. I don't know why they (the parents) think they need to sleep." This is during the week. On Friday nights I imagine something like, " Hey, Carmen, it's Friday night, what time should we get up tomorrow". "You know what Whit, you get up at 6 and I will get up at 6:30". "I like it, they don't need to sleep in because it's Saturday" "More time for us!"

This has been going on as long as they have been home from the hospital... :angry:

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Yuck, and I thought getting up at 7:45 was bad! Allison would sleep in if it weren't for Sarah, but she insists on waking up Allison every morning. The only morning she didn't was when we got fish and she decided to go visiting them. That morning, Sarah gets up at 7:15 and Allison sleeps in until 9:30. Every other morning Sarah wakes Allison up at 7:45 or earlier.

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Mine usually wake the other and bring them with them, but sometimes they don't!! I have been telling them to let the other sleep!! :grr:

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

So this morning I am awakened by someone yelling "mommy" at 6:20am. It was the other one.. Clayton. I swear they take turns! They are trying to drive me :crazy: !