Who's getting (or has gotten) the flu shot?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mamita, Nov 7, 2011.

1. mamita

mamita Well-Known Member

I'm due in Feb, so I'm wondering if I should get it. I didn't when I was pregnant with my daughter, she was born in March. So I was also pg during the flu season with her, but I quit working from around 22 weeks, so I didn't worry about being around too many people and germs. I'm doing hair now, so I obviously come into close contact with people, especially if I'm right in there face when waxing. I don't like the idea of getting the shot, but I'm also scared of getting sick. Especially with H1N1. Is there anything else I should be concerned about if getting this vax? I don't want it to affect my babies negatively. I know I've read/heard of the vaxes children get and some kids having long term-side effects. Sooooo....what are your thoughts/experiences? Did you get the shot?

2. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Hi, I just bumped up a recent thread about flu shots for you (should be near the top now).

I did get mine at 15 weeks. I'm due in March.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This was discussed recently here. :)

4. mamita

mamita Well-Known Member

Ok thank you! I went ahead and got it already! But I asked to see if it was the thimersol (sp?)/preservative- free one and it was.