whole milk transition

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Jul 7, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Well that was easy! I bought a quart of whole milk from the store yesterday thinking once per day I would give the girls milk and transition them. Well Allie LOVED it and drank a whole cup out of a sippy cup! Yes a sippy!!! Of course, Maddie won't have anything to do with the sippy but she drank an entire bottle of regular milk. We didn't have an issues with Allie spitting up either.

2. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

Mine all loved it!

3. christinam

I also bought two cans of formula last night too. Well now I'm thinking I'm going to return the formula and buy two gallons of whole milk instead!

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Transitioning to milk was relatively easy here as well. I did start by doing 3/4 formula to 1/4 milk. That didn't last long! ;) Two of my three kids are milk-a-holics! For one, especially, it seems to be a comfort item...

5. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yay! Glad the transition was smooth. Developing a taste for milk was how I got them hooked on sippies.. I only ever gave them milk with a sippy and they loved it so much we ditched bottles right then and there.

6. christinam

I never gave milk in bottles with the other kids and I don't like doing it now. I know Maddie knows how to drink out of a sippy but she just doesn't want to. Well I'm going to have to be mean and not give her a bottle. Either drink the cup or don't drink.

7. zanetaya

zanetaya Well-Known Member

Our transition has been terrible....found out they are both lactose intolerant!!!! ick! And I only gave them 1 oz of milk in a 6 oz formula bottle and itaffected them for days! Glad your transition went better than ours did. I have been cleaning up poop for days-haha

8. Eribour

Eribour Well-Known Member

We just finishes the last of the formula here at our house. We are 100% on whole milk (going through it pretty quickly too with three kids). The twins never even looked back for formula. Of course I have been giving it to them with their afternoon snacks everyday for over a month. Now time to start getting rid of bottles. We are down to just two and hopefully by the end of the month zero!!! Hope your transitions continue to go so smoothly!!