white blood cells higher

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by liliana, Jan 11, 2011.

1. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

Does anybody got this problem when was pregnant?

I make my check-up last month and my WBC were a little high, but I was sick a few days before so the doctor ask me for I repeat my blood work because a couple things weren't good, too, like my iron and my potassium.
    Now everything it's normal except the WBC, they still high. She said that probably it's normal but she wants to speak with my OB and see what he said about this!!!!

I google about this, and most said for not worry but they linked with leukemia!!!!!

2. SaraSatin

SaraSatin Well-Known Member

Don't google, you would have other signs of leukemia if that were it. More than likely you just have an infection somewhere that isn't something you recognize, like maybe you are still fighting whatever you were sick from.

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

A lot of women have a higher white blood cell count when pregnant. It is probably nothing to worry about.

4. liliana

liliana Well-Known Member

thank you, but it is scare having an infection and I don't know!!!!!!

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

An elevation in the white blood cell (WBC) count is actually a normal and common occurrence during pregnancy. The WBC peaks in the third trimester in the 12-18,000 range. There is another peak during labor, sometimes up to the 25,000 range.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_it_mean_when_you_have_a_high_white_blood_cell_count_when_pregnant#ixzz1ApESebuH

6. FirstTimeMomma

FirstTimeMomma Well-Known Member

My WBC count came back at 16,000!

7. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Google can be a bad thing sometimes!! Try not to worry, sounds like a higher WBC is pretty normal during pregnancy...I am just sure this is the case for you.

Take care and keep us posted!