Whining, Crying and Screaming

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Aurie, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

I seriously believe that I am starting to lose my hearing because of these twin girls. Their shrilly screams are actually painful. They remind me of baby birds who shriek, push and nudge to get mom's attention in order to get the "worm". I really do not know how much more I can take of it. Is this a twin thing or something else? My singletons NEVER did this. I had one really bad crier with my singletons. But it was crying, not shrieking. His crying was annoying, but never painful. Maybe I am just getting too old to be dealing with babes... Heck if I know. But I do know I now have a deficit in what I can hear.

If it is a twin thing, heck if it is just some kind of conditioned behavior, how do I fix this? Help!

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

My girls have been known to shriek on occasion, but sometimes it's more just to hear themselves make noises I think. I usually whisper back and that surprises them so they stop and try whispering themselves. It doesn't always work, but sometimes.

3. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

My DD does the same thing and DS will at times when DD does just to be funny. Last night DD was doing it in the bathtub and I told her to stop. She didn't and I threated to pull her out of the bathtub . . . of course she continued. I took her right out of the bath and she threw a fit . . . as expected. DD thinks the screaming is funny. She smiles at me when she does it because she knows it bugs me. I hope you get some good advice on here.

4. thetaphi_62

thetaphi_62 Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice, because my guys have the shrillest screams and they do it all the time. One will start, and they think it is hysterical, and continue in unmelodious unison. I try not to react or encourage it, and they usually get bored and move onto something else.

5. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

The past several days have involved all kinds of awful sounds coming from my sons' mouths. I know that feeling where you can actually feel yourself LOSING hearing when they scream. Sometimes it's not as bad as others, but I hate it when they are really, really loud! Good luck finding a solution... and if you do, please let me know what it is!!

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Ah yes the whining and crying phase. It seemed to go on here from about 13 months to 18 months and get better and then some days have a set back. At 21 months we have much less on a daily basis. :) Hang in there.

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Hang in there and invest in some good ear plugs - JUST KIDDING!! (Maybe) Seems like it was just FUN for them to do it and they fed off each other doing it. They copy each other completely now, so I think that's what they were doing back then!!! :hug: