which formula is better for gassy/fussy babies?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by chicklet71, Dec 28, 2012.

1. chicklet71

chicklet71 Active Member

just wondering if anyone had better results with either of these products for gassy/fussy twins? is either brand good or were your results MUCH more noticeable (in other words, a less gassy/fussy baby) from one to the other

Similac Sensitive-For fussiness and gas due to lactose sensitivity
    OR
    Enfamil A+ Gentlease-for fussy babies with gas due to lactose sensitivity

thanks muchly in advance!

Lisa :D

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we actually went to soy instead of one of the more specialty formulas - helped tremendously!

3. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

We tried gentlease and it didn't work. Then to soy, that was working and then they got severely constipated so now its nutramigen.

4. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

Similac Sensitive has corn syrup solids as its second ingredient. So sugar basically. Babies don't typically have lactose issues but sugar in any form will cause gas. Mine were gassier on Similac Sensitive.

We tried Gerber Good Start Protect with probiotics (green label) and that helped with constipation but not gas. We tried DD on Alimentum for several weeks as well and I went dairy free and she was still horribly gassy all the time and no change in her spitting up either.

We finally just went with regular Similac. It seems to have the fewest ingredients and worked the best.

Mine are mostly breastfed but supplemented with formula and they were just horribly gassy the first 3 months. My first who was exclusively breastfed was the same. New tummies are sometimes just miserable.

A new formula will hopefully help but we also found it just took a few months for their tummies to shake out.

ETA: we tried enfamil a few weeks ago when we ran out of Similac one day (I had a free can) and it made DD really gassy (at 8 months old). Went back to Similac Advance and she was fine.