Where to buy cool boys underwear?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by K&B's Mom, Nov 14, 2007.

1. K&B's Mom

K&B's Mom Well-Known Member

Hoping to get both DD and DS to use the potty more we went out the other day to pick out underwear. I've gotten both kids underwear before but wanted DS, in particular, to pick out some that he liked. Ever notice just how boring boys underwear is? DD in the little girl section couldn't decide what to get -- too many colors, too many different characters, etc. All of them just too cool. Meanwhile poor DS doesn't seem to have much to choose from. Boys underwear seems like it is blue, red, grey or black plus the character or picture is usually on the butt. That means that DS ends up putting the underwear on backward so he can see the nice picture :). The one time I convinced DS that the little pocket on the underwear was meant to go in front by telling him that pocket was for his penis, he crammed a number of little toys in the pocket (which was actually pretty amusing). So, DS has been wearing his underwear backwards and it just doesn't look very comfortable. I've even thought if I could find some nice, bright, solid briefs I'd get some kind of iron on decals and make my own. Bright yellow would be great!

(And no, I didn't let DS buy girls underwear at the store or wear his sister's although he wanted to).

2. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Toys R Us had a good selection. They had a lot more than Target anyway!

3. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

We usually find good stuff at Kohls. The boxer style have more pictures on it than some of the briefs, although we do have briefs with patterns all over. Another place to look is Gymboree--and while they may be a bit more expensive, they have outlasted every other pair of underpants we ever bought!

4. matwetwins

matwetwins Well-Known Member

I let my guys wear thier underwear on backwards if they want to, so they can see the diego pic. I know why are there no pics on the front?

5. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

We got some busy ones at Disney Store. Ours came in a 3pk like one with Woody, one with Buzz, and then a mixture of both. Two have the picture on the butt but there is also a design on the front. The other one had the pictures all over them. I did see these at the Disney Store online.
    HTH
    Cari

6. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Old Navy has neat boys boxer shorts

7. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Gymboree has really cute underwear! That's where I bought DS1's when he was potty training. Sometimes they have them on sale and they're not to bad price wise. I've also found cute ones at Target too.

8. PRJP

PRJP Well-Known Member

H&M Clothing

http://www.hm.com/us

I found some nice boy uw at H&M. You can go to the like above and find a store.
    I think the normal boy uw that you find at Target or TRU (the character ones) are scratchy and the elastic does not hold up well. I found some fun Tigger and SpongeBob uw at H&M, with the characters inthe front or ther material is a pattern, elastic holds up well and the material is soft. Who wants scratchy underware! and they are pretty reasonable priced.

Hope there is a store near you!

9. jwozy

jwozy Well-Known Member

We got some at gapkids and they have pictures up front like trucks, polar bears, penguins, and such. We also got several pairs at disney store with buzz, woody, and cars on them. I know my ds was interested in some of dd underwear and we wouldn't let him put them on but when my dd started potty training all she wanted was cars underwear so we let her wear the boy's underwear.

10. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our local WalMart had Hot Wheels, Mickey Mouse, Thomas, Diego, Nemo, and Cars that I remember. Timothy had a hard time choosing because of the variety.

Marissa

11. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Talbot's kids has boys underwear with the pics in the front.......they come in sets of 7 I believe.......Kyle has dinosaurs................all kinds of ball players..........we also have some from the Disney store that are colorful with the pic in the front........I think he has Nemo and Mickey.

Edited because they are ball players not platers.

12. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

personally Ihate the ones with big pics on them becasue they are a bit stiff.

My ds wears colored (grey, blue, red, black) hanes. They are the same as dh so ds thinks that's really cool.

13. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

Target - we got Thomas, Elmo and Diego there.

14. K&B's Mom

K&B's Mom Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the suggestions! On our shopping trip the other day, we were in Target where DS got Diego and Shrek uw but both sets have the main pattern on the back. I've also looked at Walmart and Kohl's. Seemed like in all three stores most of the boys uw were the kind that had the pattern on the back or were just solid colored. Not sure why I haven't looked at boys boxers. Maybe it's because Daddy wears briefs :)?

There is a mall not too far that has a large number of the stores that people mentioned (Gap Kids, Talbot Kids, Gymboree, maybe Disney) so I'll have to see if I can get there. I liked the Toy Story underwear from the Disney store. Can always order online! Thanks again.