Where did time go? Happy Birthday!! Feb. 13th - Samantha & Sydney - Safari

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by dfaut, Feb 12, 2007.

1. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Safari! You DID IT!! In spite of everything, you made it successfully through the first year. You let your instincts kick in and started really tackling the tough stuff!! Congratulations!! I hope to see your bday pics!! Happy Birthday girlie girls!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HAPPY BIRTHDAY Samantha & Sydney HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!

• Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link)

Summarize your last year with your little loves!!

Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?
    Welcome to the 1-5 board and please visit the First Year Often!!!

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Safari! You DID IT!! In spite of everything, you made it successfully through the first year. You let your instincts kick in and started really tackling the tough stuff!! Congratulations!! I hope to see your bday pics!! Happy Birthday girlie girls!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] HAPPY BIRTHDAY Samantha & Sydney HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-5 yr. board - a few requests!!

• Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link)

Summarize your last year with your little loves!!

Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?
    Welcome to the 1-5 board and please visit the First Year Often!!!

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

[​IMG] Samantha
    [​IMG] Sydney

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Samantha and Sydney! I can't believe a whole year has gone by already! WOW! It seems like yesterday you were posting your birth story in Expecting!

Congrats on making it the first year!

5. Evanly

Evanly Well-Known Member

Has it really been a year??? [​IMG] Oh my goodness - I swear it was just yesterday we were talking about the ups and downs of pregnancy in the expecting chat room!!

Happy Birthday to Samantha and Sydney - and Congrats Safari on getting through the first year![​IMG]

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Samantha & Sidney! It seems like just yesterday you were in Expecting. Time does fly. Welcome to 1-5!

7. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

Welcome to 1-5!

[​IMG] Samantha!

[​IMG] Sydney!

8. burgybabies

burgybabies Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Samantha
    [​IMG] Sydney

9. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!!!

I promise to write a better post tomorrow on their birthday. Tonight I'll just ramble.....

I can hardly believe it! The girls are doing great.

My MIL is visiting for 1.5 wks. DH took Monday & Tuesday off work. We plan to spend the day together as a family. Have cake and just play, play, play.
    Saturday we are having their party at our town park building. Old and new friends will join us to celebrate surviving the first year and have cake.

Their "theme" is purple and pink. It's kinda been their theme since the beginning. Someday, Samantha will hate pink and Sydney will refuse to wear purple. But for now, I'm still in charge. [​IMG]

I've LOVED being a part of this community. I can't think of a single bad experience with anyone here. Everyone is so helpful and caring. Thank you! I'm so grateful to have TWINS!

More tomorrow.......

10. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Oh, Safari, I'm soo EXCITED to see your bday post appear on the boards.

[​IMG] Sam & Syd!

Your posts throughout the last year were so helpful to me: a glimpse of what was to come for the boys...and always so inspired by your strength to tackle each hurdle and share your trials & triumps with all of us here.

Congratulations on this wonderful milestone. Way to Go!

11. LeslieLu

LeslieLu Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday sweet girls!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Safari I can't believe it's been a year!! I agree with Evanly that it seems like yesterday in expecting. Holy cow! [​IMG] You've done a great job with those beautiful baby girls!

12. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Samantha and Sydney! Boy, how time flys! Enjoy the big day.

13. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Happy Birthday Samantha and Sydney!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Now let's get the party started!! [​IMG]

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

15. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Samantha!

[​IMG] Sydney!

16. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

Finally some pictures:

2 weeks old (going home from hospital):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/saf...se/IMG_0793.jpg

Birthday girls:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/saf...se/IMG_6251.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/saf...se/IMG_6103.jpg

Summarize the first year:
    Induced at 35w with Acute TTTS. 2 weeks in Nicu. Both girls required ER surgery for Pyloric Stenosis.
    Buckets of reflux/spitup. Zegerid is the only thing that helped (some).
    Some battles with sleep. Sleeping thru the night around 5.5 months. Naps were always a struggle until we transitioned to 1 nap per day around 11 months.
    They are crawling, pulling up and beginning to show signs of learning to walk. They babble, sing, dance and know a few words (mama, dada, baby, hi).

The year for me included PPD, exhaustion and alot of stress. Learning to trust my instincts was the MOST impt thing along the way.

We are incredibly grateful to have these amazing little girls in our life. We love and adore them beyond words.

We spent their birthday as a family (DH took off work). We played, went out to dinner, had cake, etc.
    On Saturday, we are having a birthday party with about 40 guests. Mostly friends since family all live far away.

I can hardly beleive it's been a year already! It really does go by so fast!

17. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Great story! Thanks for sharing it and I loved the pics esp with you and DH in them too! Its nice to put a face with your postings!

18. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

OMG they are 1 already??? Time went by way too fast! Happy birthday girls!

Bridget

[​IMG] [​IMG]