Where did my sweet girls go?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by egoury, Aug 20, 2008.

1. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's the age or summer camp influences or a combo, but my sweet girls have changed. They talk back, don't listen, fight more, throw temper tantrums. Is this normal? Does it last a long time? They are 3 1/2 now and I know they are better than most so I feel bad complaining, but my DH and I feel like we are just yelling so much now and we hate it. I know they are supposed to be testing us, but man is it driving me crazy.

2. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

They're three and you have a new baby. It's probably pretty normal. The baby would have been enough to start an attention seeking battle. Hopefully, they will get back to their normal sweet selves soon. They may need more positive attention away from the baby. They are also able to help you a little. They can be bringing you diapers or wipes, etc... for which they should get tons of praise. That might help a little. It's really tough at this age. Mine are little terrors half the time without a new sibling.

3. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

It's my life as I know it right now and we don't have any new siblings. I am just hoping we all survive it. If you find your sweet girls, please let me know so that I can see if my kids are there as well.

4. kstar

kstar Well-Known Member

I am going through similar things with my girls and was questioning what happened to my little sweet girls. I was wondering if it is because they are getting closer to 3 and I am going to have a rough year. The 2's weren't that bad, so maybe it is true what they say that 3 is the new 2....YIKES!!!

5. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, they are great with the baby and seem to not have jealousy. They love to "babysit" which entails watching her while I go into the other room for something and throwing out dirty diapers, etc. My girls were great for their 2's so the saying may be true for me. I hope it's not for you guys too. I just try to stay firm and not give in even though it's driving me crazy because I know it will pay off more in the long run, but man am I ready to give them away to the circus at times. And just when I think I can't take it anymore, they say something really sweet. Kids, I swear...I hope this phase doesn't last too long.

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Good luck Ellen!!! It's that Jekyll and Hyde phase! :hug99: