When were you comfortable going without swimming diapers?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Jersey_Girls, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Jersey_Girls

Jersey_Girls Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

My gals had sort of a struggle with potty training and have been doing well for a couple of months now. They no longer wear pull ups (except at night) and the accidents they have had usually only occur at home. Not in public. But- we have never done the public pool without swimming diapers. When were you comfortable not using them?

Thanks!

2. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

We started potty training Aaron about a month ago. After about a week, he never had an accident out of the house but we were still having bm issues. I stopped putting him in a swim diaper when I wasn't worried about a bm. That's been about two weeks now. I started out reminding him that his bathing suit is like shorts and underwear so if he needs to go potty to tell me. He still won't go on a regular toilet but we've never had an accident, he just waits til we get home to go.

3. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

Ours were potty trained in the winter so I did not worry about this. Like pp said, when a bm is not an issue anymore.

4. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

When I was confident enough to go without adiaper and no extra change of clothes just in case, then I went without a swim diaper. Also, she was toilet trained at night too. Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact age whe was.

Hope this helps.