When were you able to learn the gender of you twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ffkrashff, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ffkrashff

ffkrashff Member

I was told that at about 15 weeks we would be able to learn the gender. I was just curious to see if yall really found out that early or is that just when they start to produce the proper organs.

2. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(KeithnAnnie @ Apr 10 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]714982[/snapback]
    I was told that at about 15 weeks we would be able to learn the gender. I was just curious to see if yall really found out that early or is that just when they start to produce the proper organs.

It's funny cause my friend is preg. with a singleton and was just told she could find out at 16 weeks, that at 15 they are formed enough to tell. We didn't find out until 20, but how exciting to find out even earlier!!!

3. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

i found out at 15w 4d

Good luck, and keep us posted

Elizabeth

4. mairoge

mairoge Well-Known Member

I found out at 14 plus weeks. I continue to confirm their genders at every visit with my obgyn and peri.

5. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

I have read and been told numerous times that the sex organs are completely developed at 11 weeks. However, u/s usually cant pick it up until 15+ weeks.

6. rotruck74

rotruck74 Active Member

we found out at 15 or 16 weeks....

7. theklafkas

theklafkas Well-Known Member

I found out Austin was a boy at 13 weeks and I was pretty sure at that time that the other twin was a girl. I found out for sure at my 16 week appointment that the other twin is an Alyssa.

8. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JakeandPeyton @ Apr 10 2008, 06:35 AM) [snapback]714987[/snapback]
    It's funny cause my friend is preg. with a singleton and was just told she could find out at 16 weeks, that at 15 they are formed enough to tell. We didn't find out until 20, but how exciting to find out even earlier!!!

yup, that's when they are formed enough to tell most of the time. 18 weeks here.

9. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

I think I was 18 weeks. That's when my US was scheduled. However, when I was pg with DS2 I had my u/s at 20 wks, and that little booger did not want anyone to know. The tech tried and tried, for about 20 mins, and he just kept himself all curled up. :laughing:

10. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

My MW told me that I would be able to find out what gender was at my almost 16 week u/s.. but when it came down to it.. the Tech wouldn't even look.. she said "they are way to small". So all in all.. it probably depends on your tech.

11. brittany83

brittany83 Member

I had an ultrasound at 16wks and i had to beg the tech to take a guess at what the babies were. She guessed b/g and at my 20wk ultrasound they confirmed.

12. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

I'm a little different... we didn't even find out we were having twins untill we had our 1st u/s at 21 weeks - so by that time they were able to tell us "Hey.. it's TWINS and both girls!" :)

13. DoublyThrilled

DoublyThrilled Well-Known Member

Well, we did not find out we are having twins until 18 w 1 day when we went in for an emergency sonogram (my first sono) due to high AFP results.!!!! What a lovely surprise it was!!!! That's when we found out the gender(s) too...

14. laurajrad

laurajrad Well-Known Member

I was 18 weeks but I continued to have them check for any extra "appendages" every time I had an u/s.

15. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We found out at 19 weeks. I don't think I had an u/s between 12 and 19 weeks anyway, but the perinatologist told us 19/20 weeks was the earliest you could really expect to be able to tell.

16. scolesrn

scolesrn Well-Known Member

We knew one was a girl @ 25 weeks...the other girl wasn't confirmed until 34 weeks...she was ALWAYS turned the wrong way! Good luck!

17. stephie1996

stephie1996 Well-Known Member

I didn't find out until about 19 weeks. They wouldn't cooperate before then so the tech wasn't able to tell

18. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

We also found out at our first u/s at 19 weeks. :D It's a little iffy at 15 weeks but there are definitely plenty of people who have found out that early.

19. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

sorry.. didn't answer the question.. I found out at 20 weeks

20. weekazarr

weekazarr Well-Known Member

i found out with my son at 16 weeks 3 days
    xxxx

21. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I was 16 weeks, but that was the first u/s since I had 1 to confirm twins @ 7 weeks.

22. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

At our 12 week appointment the tech told us that if she had to guess that particular day she would have said one of each. It was confirmed at our 18 week appointment BUT (there always is one...) they were backwards. She originally thought Baby A was the boy, turns out it's the girl. Baby B is the boy.
    HTH

23. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We were told at 13w they *thought* Baby B was a boy, looked a little thick between the legs. At 17w2d we found out A was a girl and B was a boy.

24. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

we tried to take a peek around 16-18 weeks. We thought they were both boys... oops... one turned out to be a girl! We got confirmation at 26 weeks at my level 2 u/s. That's the best way to go. It's a lot easier to see on their machine. Good luck! We only got a peek at the 26 week mark... she was very modest! LOL!

25. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

We knew I was having identicals so I was being seen by a Peri and getting level 2's. At my first level 2 at EXACTLY 13 weeks... we found out! Only had to see one crotch obviously so it was EASY! ALL boy.. even that early.. They wait longer to tell you just so there is no mistaking but U/S tech told me that 90% of the time she knows at 13 weeks and isn't allowed to tell! I begged her and she did!

26. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I didn't know until 20 weeks for one, 22 weeks for the other. But I asked at every U/S from 16 weeks on, they just couldn't tell until I had my level II which was on better U/S equipment.

27. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

16 weeks!

28. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

we didnt find out til 18 wks and then they never said 100 percent; we found for sure at 20 wks it was what they said.

29. mylife

mylife Well-Known Member

We were able to tell pretty good at 14 weeks, but I had them verify at my next two appts.

30. babydrivers

babydrivers Well-Known Member

We asked my OB to check at 18 weeks...He was 90% sure one was a girl and fairly certain the second one was too. We just never got a really good look. Then at my 20 week level 2, the tech confirmed both were girls. We still have the techs looks at every ultrasound....and every time they "re-confirm" we're having girls...and we've had lots of good looks now! ;)

31. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

16 week ultrasound and they were both boys!

32. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

We found out at 19 weeks. I was told if we found out earlier it wasn't as accurate.

33. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

My tech said she knew at 16 weeks but wasn't allowed to tell me. I found out for sure at 19 weeks.

34. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

Deven showed it proudly at 20 weeks but Ethen kept it hidden until the 32 weeks scan.....silly boy! :D

35. ssbard

ssbard Well-Known Member

We found out at 20 weeks. I think technically the male/female parts are visible earlier but it is more certain a few weeks later.