When was it the hardest...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Tracy5780, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Tracy5780

Tracy5780 Well-Known Member

Just wondering when it was the hardest to take care of your babies during the first year. I am halfway there at 6 months but it really doesn't seem to be getting too much easier for me. And lately all i have been thinking about is how i am going to do this when they start to crawl....and then walk!!! ahhhhhhhhhhh i think i need a vacation(already!!!!!)

2. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

So far, the hardest for me was the first 3 months. They are both crawling now, but with baby gates and babyproofing the living room, I can let them wander around the room and not worry about their safety.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The hardest for me was before 6 months old, when they didn't always STTN. Every stage has its challenges, but nothing is more difficult than dealing with sleep deprivation.

4. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

For me its right now, they are too old to sleep much, but can't sit or crawl or much of anything and they get bored with anything within 10 minutes. Having an older child I know for me it tends to start to feel better by the time they can play a bit or crawl or sit and bang toys around. Everyone always said to me just wait til they can crawl and walk, that never bothered me cuz with baby proofing there wasn't much they could get into so for everyone it's different I guess. :hug: Hang in there, I am hoping to get "there" soon and I hope you do too!

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree with Aimee, every stage has its challenges, but I think the hardest time for me was the first 2 months. Well, really the first 6 months were very difficult. It does become easier in a lot of ways, in my opinion, as they get older, even though they learn to move. Mostly, I think, because they learn to entertain themselves somewhat.

6. cec02c

cec02c Well-Known Member

The first four months were the toughest. The reflux, feeding issue, lack of sleep. So glad we are through with that aspect.

7. Kateryna

Kateryna Well-Known Member

I was just going to post the exact same question ;-) At 7 months I really don't see anything getting easier here.

Everyone told me the first 3 months was hard, but I can only see it's getting harder. Mine sit unassisted and try to crawl, but now that they are older and take 2 hour gaps in between naps, it's so much harder to entertain them. They are also heavier to hold and don't want to stay in one spot. They also now have 2-3 solid home cooked meals in addition to bottles so that's more feeding, almost feels like newborn stage again.

I am hoping it will get easier once they start to crawl or even walk, that way maybe they can explore and entertain themselves.

8. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

For me the first 3 months were the hardest, mainly because I was nursing them about half of the time. They were also very colickly, especially DS. Every stage is different, but for me it got quite a bit easier once they could sit up at 7 months and entertain themselves a bit.

9. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

For me it was the month they were in the NICU. I was so stressed about breastfeeding and pumping enough for them and spending as much time as I could with them. I would hold my breath when the nurses would give me a "maybe going home" date b/c it usually didn't happen. The first month I had my mom to help and we made a great team. I got our routine down so that when DH and my mom both left after that month I was feeling confident (though I'm sure I wouldn't have said that then).

10. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

oh my gosh this is me exactly right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! our duo was 5mths yesterday and I am finding this last few weeks the hardest. The napping at the drop of a hat is gone, yet they aren't on a schedule yet. They are stuck in one place, or they roll into a 'tight spot' and can't get themselves out. They are bored as when they drop their toy its 'out of sight out of mind'.

I always love it once they are mobile and able to entertain themselves while I at least get dinner ready.