when to stop having intercourse

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mar66rus2, Feb 26, 2007.

1. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

I am 13wks now, and was wondering when all of you stopped have intercourse? I am so worried about something happening with my cervix even though it was great at my u/s on Friday. I don't go to my next appt. til next Friday, and they will probably tell me that it is ok, but I kind of feel uncomfortable about it right now (poor DH).

Any advice would be great!!

April

2. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

We have talked alot about this lately!! Check out my post called "alittle venting here please" farther down the page... somehow the conversation all turned to sex!! I am 33 and 3 days and we are still going strong (and I have dialated a little) Dh is now starting to shy away because he doesnt want to "be the cause" of PTL even though my Ob reassured us that we were okay until he stated otherwise!! I think there was somemore about this on another post besides too! So I wouldnt stop (if you are wanting it) until told so by your doc!

3. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

We had sex up until near delivery... it was uncomfortable at times... but I never had any problems afterwards... sometimes just a little spotting, which is normal.

4. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

if you WANT to have sex, then have it! further down the road you may be battling the whole decreased libido thing. But for now, before you're huge--have at it! I've never had my ob say to stop, with this or my last pregnancy!

Reyna

5. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

i haven't had to stop yet...nurse in L&D said as long as it is not causing you to contract then it isn't a problem.

6. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

We had sex at 35 weeks, i was in a little pain after wards and called the nurse at the hospital she was like you had sex at 35 weeks GOOD FOR YOU!!!! [​IMG] she had be just lay on my side the opposite of where my pain was. Said one of the babies we probaly just pressing on something. I just couldent stop jumping on DH [​IMG]

7. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Until the doc says you should stop then generally speaking it is still safe, unless of course it is causing you personal discomfort then I would stop.