When nothing fits (in btwn sizes clothes/shoes) advice?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Safari, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Safari

Safari Well-Known Member

I've noticed there is a huge size difference btwn 18 months, 24 months and 2T. Shoes (like robeez, pedoodles) go from 12-18 months then to 18-24.

They've grown out of most of the 18 month stuff.... except for pants. Some of their 18 month pants are still huge! Our girls have long torsos and short legs (like me & dh). So when family buys sets, it doesn't work.

they still can't wear the carters 18 month PJs. Still way too long! But the 12 months were too tight long ago.

Besides rolling up pants, any tips?

Also, we bought shoes for them that probably won't fit for months. but we love them and want to wear them now. Should i buy the smaller size even if we only use it for a few wks? Or should I get really thick socks? They look silly in big clown shoes.

2. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

i dont know where to begin..

clothes wize.. vs pj wize.. i do two totally different things..

clothes.. i always buy 1 size up for them to grow in to..

pjs i buy two sizes up.. if its not so huge..

example..

daughter is growing out of 2t winter she will be in 3-4t next summer she will be in 4-5t
    so this summer sales ill buy her 4-5t for next year
    she will be three

pjs for her..
    she has 5t shirts and 2t pants.. next spring she will be in 3t pants

i never buy sets for the reason you said..

i buy shoes as needed..
    especially sandals and swim shoes( crocks) because there no more than 10 a pair..

and with the boys i can pass em down..

i know this didnt help but i tried???

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

No good advice on the clothing, as mine are in between sizes too. They can still wear several size 12 month pants, some 18 month, but they have some 24 month for winter that I hope won't be too big all winter. They definitely wear size 18 month tops, and will be moving into 24 month tops for winter, sure thing.

They've been wearing 18 month Carter PJ's all summer though. I find Carters runs small, and PJ's run small. I need to try some of their winter 24 month PJ's on them to see if I'm going to have an issue with them being too big.

Shoes - I make sure they fit. Grace isn't walking yet, so she wears Robeez still. She has tiny feet and still wears the 6-12 month size in those. :eek: But once she walks I'll switch her to a little more sturdy of a sole. Lily wore Stride Rites, size 4, all summer. I plan on getting Grace size 4's and Lily size 5's for fall/winter. I bought them cute little Ugg knockoffs at BRU yesterday. Grace does wear some size 3's occasionally right now.

It's hard. I hate how things come in sets because that doesn't work well for my duo right now.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I had this problem too. We did/do just roll up pants. Also, they were in 6-12 month pants until at least 18 months, and at 21 months are still wearing some 12-month sizes.

It's easier in the summer -- things may be too long, but we don't have to actually roll them up. They wear some "capris" that are more like full-length pants on them, and their shorts come down to their knees.

At the moment most of Sarah's PJs (18-24m) are way too big for her, but she's outgrown the 12-18m ones. Fortunately it doesn't seem to bother her. It also depends a lot on the brand. Baby Gap (from a few years ago) 18m fit OK, but Old Navy 18m are almost 3 inches longer in the legs.

I'm always too eager to bring out the next box of hand-me-downs from the garage, so my kids tend to wear a lot of clothes that are too big! They have lots of 24m and 2T shirts and dresses right now that are very roomy, and will probably still fit just fine next summer.

Both of mine have also recently fallen in love with shoes that are too big for them. I'm sure it's not ideal, but they can wear them without tripping over their toes and falling down, so I let them. I wouldn't have done this when they were beginning walkers, though -- too frustrating for them. In general, if they fall in love with shoes I really don't want them to wear yet, I hide the shoes and they forget about them.