When do they stop putting stuff in their mouth?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by nikki_0724, Nov 26, 2006.

1. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I want to start doing activities with the boys but when i give them something it goes right in their mouth.

When does this stop???

2. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I want to start doing activities with the boys but when i give them something it goes right in their mouth.

When does this stop???

3. Angelasbabes

Angelasbabes Well-Known Member

I've got one that it hasn't stopped yet. And mine are over 2 1/2.

Just base it on what yours do. Keep trying and then you'll know when it works.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

This is driving me bonkers too. Many people have told me it got dramatically better for them at around 14-15 months. They still do it, but not so obsessively. Let's hope they are right!

5. charmingtwins

charmingtwins Well-Known Member

I also still have one that doesn't seem to stop this habit.....I read somewhere that they will stop on their own eventually......When? I am desperately waiting for this moment.

6. kelly79

kelly79 Well-Known Member

Mine are 20 months and still do it. One is way worse than the other though.

7. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think it never stops.

All three of mine put toys in their mouths for what seemed forever. Now they've all moved on to chewing their fingernails. Hayden and Brady always seem to have a finger in their mouth, or anything they find, really (Legos, paperclips, etc.) At the store yesterday, I caught Hayden chewing on a small piece of plastic that came off some packaging! Argh!

8. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

My girls just turned four and Kaitlyn still puts everything in her mouth. When she was an infant she was also more dependant on her pacifier. We took that away and then she started putting everything else in her mouth. We're still trying to break her of the habit.