When did your B/G twins stop taking a bath together?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by MommyMelissa, Jan 9, 2009.

1. MommyMelissa

MommyMelissa Well-Known Member

I did a search for this before I posted and couldn't find any advice, so that's my question, how long should I let my B/G twins continue taking a bath together? Obviously, I know it can't be much longer because my twins just turned 7, but I just wondered what you guys thought. I tried to make a poll, but can't figure out how. Of course, mine have noticed they are "different", but there's not been an issue for me to worry about YET, just wondering what your opinions on it were.

2. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Don't know about B/G twins, but my G/G twins have been showering separately lately too. In their shower/tub, it is impossible to fit both anyway, but in my larger shower, they can fit together but still choose to be separate.

3. ehm

ehm Banned

I can't tell you the last time my children took a bath. They have been showering separately for a couple years now.

4. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

I have B/B twins, but they stopped bathing together somewhere around 5.5. They just didn't have enough room to do it together anymore. Plus, they learned to shower on their own, which is a whole lot more convenient.

5. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Mine still do most of the time and they are 4. They are aware of the differences between them and it has never been a big deal to them (or us). I expect it will stop completely when they express an interest in bathing alone or they don't fit anymore.

6. Haley'sHope

Haley'sHope Well-Known Member

my B/B twins stopped bathing together when they were 5. they were too big to fit in the tub together & actually bathe & we felt like we needed to start teaching them about privacy. we also stopped allowing them to go in the bathroom while the other was bathing or going to the bathroom at that age because one would stand in the bathroom talking to the other while he was going to the bathroom & would also go to the bathroom with the door wide open.

7. TornadoAlleyTwins

TornadoAlleyTwins Well-Known Member

This is probably going to sound weird to some people, but my b/g twins just turned nine and still get in our oversized whirlpool tub together. Neither are starting puberty yet, and they don't make each other uncomfortable, so I see no reason to waste water. They shower together sometimes too (though this may have a lot to do with the fact we have two showers for nine people, lol). I actually prefer them to shower together, otherwise Cali doesn't get all the soap out of her hair half the time (Trent points out the spots she's missed).

8. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I dont belong to this forum yet, but I have b/g twins who are 2 1/2 and I also have a 4 yo girl and a 5yo boy. I just started separating boys from girls, so now the boys take one together and the girls together.. When to separate the same sex children will be up to them, or if it gets easier for the older ones to shower alone.

9. mich17

mich17 Well-Known Member

My boys have always bathed together & alot of the times their female cousin is with them. She is 3 years older than them. It was just this winter when we started making her wear a swimsuit if she goes in with the boys. I grew up in a very open household. The bathroom doors were almost never closed. It seems like we get most of our comunicating done in the bathroom. We don't make a big deal out of this kind of stuff. We teach the kids privacy & if they want it than it is given.

10. MommyMelissa

MommyMelissa Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your opinions, I think I'll just leave it to the obvious and when I think it's not appropriate or notice any uncomfortableness (is that a a word?), I'll deal with it then. My in laws are CONSTANTLY harping me about it, saying "haven't you stopped letting them take baths together yet", as if I'm doing something wrong???! Grrrrrrr, thanks for the advice, but I didn't ASK you!! :angry:

You guys have made me feel better, thanks. :)

11. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MommyMelissa @ Jan 14 2009, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1146823[/snapback]
    Thanks for all your opinions, I think I'll just leave it to the obvious and when I think it's not appropriate or notice any uncomfortableness (is that a a word?), I'll deal with it then. My in laws are CONSTANTLY harping me about it, saying "haven't you stopped letting them take baths together yet", as if I'm doing something wrong???! Grrrrrrr, thanks for the advice, but I didn't ASK you!! :angry:

You guys have made me feel better, thanks. :)

You are doing NOTHING wrong. To heck with them.

12. cowgirl

cowgirl Well-Known Member

I was glad to see this post. We put all three of ours together for bath time still with the boys 4 and Sarah 5. It sounds like a circus every night at bath time they are so wild. Sometimes Sarah ask for her own bath and when she does I do that but I think she just enjoys the room and the quiet. Brothers never ask for their own bath. I dont know when we should stop it except for them not all fitting in the tub.

Mary

13. momtotwo

momtotwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MommyMelissa @ Jan 9 2009, 08:36 PM) [snapback]1140184[/snapback]
    I did a search for this before I posted and couldn't find any advice, so that's my question, how long should I let my B/G twins continue taking a bath together? Obviously, I know it can't be much longer because my twins just turned 7, but I just wondered what you guys thought. I tried to make a poll, but can't figure out how. Of course, mine have noticed they are "different", but there's not been an issue for me to worry about YET, just wondering what your opinions on it were.

My b/g are 5 and have been bathing alone for about 1 yr but last week they decided they wanted to bath together again so I let them get in there and play. My dh had a problem with them being in the tub together about when they where just 4 and told them they had to wear there underwear in there when they where together. I don't have any idea what the diffrence is they are always in the bathroom with each other and everytime I am in there they seem to find me on the toilet lol.

Oh and yes they still have to take the underwear off to wash there bum and before they get out of the tub so dh really made no sense but the kids like bathing in there underwear anyway. lol

I figure when they want there privacy they will say something and it will be the right time.