When did you STOP using a jogging stroller because it was too difficult to maneuver?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jjzollman, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

When did you stop using your jogging stroller due to difficult handling? When did you feel like your kids were too big for it?

The one I am considering purchasing for $50.00 holds up to 150lbs, so obviously, weight isn't a concern. But I'd like to be able to push it easily and not struggle with it. I'd like to start jogging and walking more versus using the elliptical in our basement - and it would be nice if sometimes I could take the little guys with me.

So, how long did you use your jogging stroller? Is it worth it to buy a used one when they are already 2.5 years old?

Thanks!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would say it depends on what you are using it for. If I am taking the kids for a walk/jog around the neighborhood, I use the jogging stroller...it is lightweight to push and easy to manipulate. However, I don't like to take it with me on errands because I sometimes have trouble getting it through the doors & aisles.
    I still use mine. And 50.00 is a great buy!

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Nancy, walking around (or jogging) the neighborhood is exactly what I'm hoping to use it for. Maybe the zoo, too.

Thanks for the response, I think I'll go take a look at it. :)

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I still use mine A LOT for quick trips in and out of the mall or Target. I do jog with the twins if I am not going too far.

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We still use ours for the same reasons. For $50, I would say pick it up for sure, you might get another 1-1 1/2 years out of it to get around the neighborhood at least. I think the jogger is much easier to handle than the Combi we have (at the weights my girls are now).

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I used my single jogger until my older son was 4 and about 40 lbs. When I got pregnant i brought him and his 40lbs friend to the store to test joggers. The Bob, with 80lbs turned easily. Given that 3 children walking in 3 directions, scares me, I wanted a stroller that lasted for a long time.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For $50 for sure, a have friends who have twins around the 2.5-3 yr mark and she just upgraded her jogger to a nicer used one recently.

8. divababy

divababy Well-Known Member

make sure it has a front swivel wheel.

9. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

$50 sounds worth a good try to me. Can you test drive it? They all are not easy to maneuver. I love the front swivel wheel. Serious joggers seem to not like it, but for walks and out and about I think it is awesome. If your primary function is jogging and walking the outdoors I feel there are some major differences between a cheaper one and a more expensive one. If you can find a used BOB they hold up forever. But those are hard to find for under $200 for very worn ones. Hopefully you can test drive it, because in the end $50 is still $50. Good luck!

10. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

If you are going to jog or run with it, you need a stroller that has a stationary front wheel. I personally have never liked running with my kids, so my fancy (single) jogger with 20" wheels mainly gathers dust. I have opted to run early in the a.m. while everyone is still asleep (including my husband).

11. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I rarely run with my kids now, the're just too heavy. However I do still use my jogger on long trail walks or when we go places with uneven terrain. For $50 bucks I'd say do it! If you are planning on using it for jogging make sure the wheel locks.. much easier to handle than swivel. My jogger has the swivel and a locking option, which is fantastic.