When did you stop feeding baby cereals?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sbcowell, Nov 2, 2008.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

My babies are now 9mnths old and we still have baby oat cereal mixed with fruit for breakfast, and I am wondering when we cut this out and just do finger foods?

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I still used it to thicken all of their foods up until they really quit eating jarred food. That way it stayed on the spoon from the bowl to the mouth.

3. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

we're not doing cereal on a daily basis yet but my mom ebf all of her kids and started solids around 9-12 months and they all loved rice cereal, the 5 y/o and 8 y/o still eat it almost daily for breakfast! lol not much help, but figured i would share :)

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

QUOTE(isis @ Nov 3 2008, 12:29 AM) [snapback]1052949[/snapback]
    My babies are now 9mnths old and we still have baby oat cereal mixed with fruit for breakfast, and I am wondering when we cut this out and just do finger foods?

I've been keeping them on yogurt and stage 3 veggies through 12 months, which require a spoon. The rest of what they're eating is finger foods. I gradually began working in finger foods at 7.5 months, beginning with puffs. HTH :).

5. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

The baby cereal has so much nutritious stuff added that it's a good thing to keep using as long as possible. I fed it until about 18 months old because I always mixed it with our fruit. The girls never got fruit that didn't have a little cereal mixed in first.

6. lorig6

lorig6 Well-Known Member

My babies are 1 yr. and I am still giving it to them for breakfast.

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

They were well over a year when we stopped.

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We still use it here too... at 18 months old. Baby cereal is in the rotation with regular oatmeal, waffles, etc. It's definately nutritious and tastes good, so no reason to stop!