When did you start a baby registry, How far along were you?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kitkat72783, Dec 15, 2008.

1. kitkat72783

kitkat72783 Well-Known Member

I'm just finishing up my first trimester now and a few people have asked me where I am registering! With my son I held off till about 25 weeks and didnt have the shower till about 36 weeks. Sence twins can cause bed rest and come earlier my mom and sister were talking to me about doing the shower earlier this go around, so I think they were meaning about 25 weeks. I know my family is excited about twins and have already started buying small stuff but I didnt know when was to soon to actually start a registry of the stuff you dont need to know the sexes for?

2. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I registered fairly early and then waited until I found out the sexes to tell anyone. I still changed my mind about once a week on things though!

3. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I started maybe around ... I forget exactly. Sometime between 15 and 18 weeks, but I was doing a lot of research so I added to it slowly. (And made a LOT of changes as I went along! :)) My showers were at 26w and 29.5w so I tried to finalize it by 24w. Having showers earlier is definitely a good idea in a twin pregnancy--I think 25-28w is good--so you still have time to buy whatever else you need before you get too big or uncomfortable (or have to go on bedrest or the babies come early). Also, ask the store if they can give you your registry completion coupon early, so you'll have it in time for whenever you do your big shopping trip after your shower(s). BRU agreed to do that for me. Also, when you're setting up your registry online, you might just want to list your due date as earlier than it really is, since twins don't usually go the full 40 weeks. I put mine at 37w since i knew that was more realistic.

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

We registered as soon as we found out the genders at 20 weeks.

5. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Sorry; I meant to edit my previous post and ended up quoting myself and creating a new one! Ignore this one. (There's not a way to delete our own posts is there?)

6. caba

caba Banned

I started to register when we found out the sexes at 17w approx. I had my shower at 28 weeks. I thought it was perfect timing.

7. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

I was trying to think when we registered... It was I think the middle of October, so i think that i was around 21 weeks.. My shower wasn't until I was 29 weeks.. I was glad that the shower was when it was because now i am starting to get uncomfrotable and much later who knows what will happen

8. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

I started to register when we found out we were having twins, 9w. I did all the non-gender specific items then once we found out we are having boys it opened up the fun shopping.

Have fun with it....I sure am!

Jenn

9. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

i also registered early. I want to say around 15 weeks or so. I did a lot of research online and read a lot of reviews before I decided what to register for. There are so many things out there that it can be a tad bit overwhelming! Have fun registering!

10. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

We started looking at items and narrowing down what we wanted I'd say around 12 weeks or so...it can be very overwhelming and I'm glad we did that first. We registered between 16-18 weeks. I found out they were girls at 18 weeks 2 days so I added all the fun girly stuff online after that. I will either be 27 or 28 weeks when I have my shower.

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JicJac @ Dec 15 2008, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1111261[/snapback]
    We registered as soon as we found out the genders at 20 weeks.

:good: That's what I did too! My shower was planned for when I was 29 weeks so I had to give people time PLUS I couldn't wait to register. :blush: Have fun!!!!

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

You can find out the sexes at 20 weeks. I think I started my registry around then (or even a bit earlier). I also had to mention to my colleagues that 36 weeks was a bit late for a shower -- I think we wound up having it at 34 weeks, but I was already on bedrest by then. So not fun to have all your colleagues see you in grubby sweatpants, looking like a beached whale. :blush: I'd plan on having any showers by 30 weeks and register at least a few weeks before that.