When did you introduce Stage 1 Meat babyfood

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lromansky, Nov 11, 2009.

1. lromansky

lromansky Well-Known Member

Just wondering at what age you started introducing the beechnut meat baby food (stage 1)? My guys are 7.5 months...wondering if it's time?

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

I never gave meat purees, and instead waited until they were able to eat small pieces of it. I think it's ok to introduce meats between 7 and 8 months.

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did the same thing since my older kids would never eat them. I think they would be fine to start them now, though, if you want.

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I also never gave my older son the purees because they look like cat food. Our pedi told us it would be fine to wait until he could chew pieces of meat. So I waited and then made shredded meat for him.

5. angs241

angs241 Well-Known Member

We're starting tomorrow...homemade pureed chicken. I tasted it...it's kind of gross. I'm sure they are going to hate it :)

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We started the jarred meats around 8 months. I would mix it with something they liked. For example chicken and sweet potatoes or turkey and apples.

7. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

We never gave meat until they were ready for finger foods. At about 9 months they started eating shredded chicken. They like it.

8. atinar

atinar Well-Known Member

I started one week ago as per the pedi's advice: 50 g of meat/chicken, 6 days per week.