When did you get rid of your Graco Duoglider?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by TeeandGee, Apr 15, 2009.

1. TeeandGee

TeeandGee Well-Known Member

I can't seem to figure out if we need it anymore. We have individual strollers for them which I can use when DH and I are both together. We also have a side by side that is a bike trailer that can convert into a stroller. We also have a wagon. To top it all off, when we go for walks in the neighbourhood, our girls walk on their own or use their trikes or their little cars. We shop at stores that have double shopping carts. If we go to a mall which doesn't have carts, we go together.

So, I am curious, when did you feel like you didn't need the Graco Duoglider anymore?

2. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

I kept mine until the October after the boys turned 3. But, we pretty much stopped using it around 3. What helped me decide was that I realized that it hadn't left the garage in a couple of months. But, it was my only stroller. The most use it got towards the end was in the mall. My boys didn't know that walking in a mall was even an option until they were almost 3.

3. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

i still have mine althougth i only use it if i have to go to the pedi office alone with both twins. its the only thing narrow enough to fit down there hall and turn into the room.
    i would love to get rid of it but the one or two time i have use it i was VERY happy i still had it.

4. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I quit using mine at about 2.5. Honestly, we aren't mall people. I had gotten a nice wagon and we used that. Still do. My needs were something that could go to the zoo and walk to the park. Our WalMart got double carts, so we were set. I sold it about a year later.

Marissa

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I haven't used mine in probably close to 8-12 months (when DS puked on it and we can't get the stink out!!!)

6. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

I stopped using mine right around 3, but hung onto it until they were about 3.5 just in case. I sold it on Cragslist for $50 last summer. After that I had single strollers that we used for trips to zoo and stuff when the kids might get tired, but I just got rid of those last weekend (also on CL!! :) ) I still have my 2 seater wagon in case of an emergency, but really they are getting too big for it!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I still have mine and do use it every so often, especially for walks and things. I'm not ready to get rid of it yet, it's also my only double stroller, besides my double umbrella.

8. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I got rid of it when they boys were about a year old and went to a SBS. One of them always hated the back seat and they started kicking each other from behind.

9. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I still have mine but we pretty much never use it. We used it this winter at the museum, but mostly to hold coats and other stuff. I think the most they rode in it was from the car to the museum because it was cold and I wanted to go quickly.

But, it is our only stroller, so I won't be selling it yet. I want to keep it in case of vacation (which is doubtful) where they will have to do a lot of walking and/or we have to take a lot of gear.

10. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

We sold ours last summer but probably stopped using it at about 3.

11. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

I haven't used it in a few months. The only time that I had been using it was for grocery shopping. I woud push the stroller and pull the cart behind me. DS sits in front and it's just really hard to turn now with one hand since he's bigger.

I have stopped doing the grocery shopping with them for now. I go on the weekend or during the morning on Mother's Day Out. We're all happier this way.

Anyway, the stroller hasn't moved and I'm at the point where I think we *may* be done with it!

We do have a double jogger for walking trips.

12. mom i am

mom i am Well-Known Member

We stopped using ours around 3.

I mostly just used it when I was on my own for quick trips to the grocery store after coming straight from an outing, usually it was near lunch time and they were worn out.

13. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Our children are just a few weeks shy of their 3rd birthday and we still use our DuoGlider. We do have two single umbrella strollers, but do not use them that often. If my DH is with me while we shop, our DD and DS will walk. However, most of the time...it's just me so they ride in the stroller. If it's a real short and simple errand, we will use the backpack-type leashes/harnesses. The stroller just makes it easier when it comes to running lots of errands. It's convenient because they can sit and eat their lunch and/or snacks.

14. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

My kids will be 3 next month and we still use it.
    No intentions of getting rid of it in the near future either.
    They still fit in it just fine, and I wouldn't dream of taking them to a mall or amusement park ,etc. without a stroller.
    They are still too little to do massive amounts of walking, and I am NOT carrying them when they get tired!!! <_<

15. becky5

becky5 Guest

I still have it, but I can't remember the last time that I used it. I hate it, always have.

16. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We got rid of the duo at 1 and the sbs at 2.5

17. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I had already sold it by the time they were one. Never looked back either.

18. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

We sold the DuoGlider at the beginning of last summer, so the twins were 2.5. We had a double umbrella stroller for walks around the neighborhood, but stopped using it last fall.

For zoo trips, longer walks/picnics, etc we have our wagon. It is easier to bring with in my opinion should the little ones want to walk, compared to the stroller.

I've always hated strollers, my first son used his stroller a handful of times only. I was so glad to be rid of them.

19. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I got rid of the Duoglider right after they turned 2. I still liked it except that it did not have a 5 point harness and Lily was just continuously climbing out. I replaced it with a SBS Chicco Citta which I wasn't a huge fan of, mainly because it did not fit through doors or aisles well at all. But we really didn't use an indoor stroller much after age 2. The jogger we still used a lot, just not the "errand" stroller. I'm actually selling the Chicco now because we have not used it in well over 6 months.

The jogger I'll keep much longer.

20. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

At 2.5 years old, I am still using my only DuoGlider for mall, stroller fitness, DR's appts, and zoo trips. My son still run away from me if I was to leave him out of his stroller. But his sister has been walking with me at Wal-Mart, Target, Jewel, and etc. If we go to the park/playground they can walk with me (actually they both run ahead of me).

We'll still going to hang onto it for a bit longer.
    RJ