What's your secret?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Colette+2, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Colette+2

Colette+2 Well-Known Member

For those of you whose kids nap at the same time, what's your secret? I have one that fights it so hard that by the time I finally get her down her brother is up. I really need a little break during the day (especially since they aren't doing great at night right now). I'd love to know how you do it.

Thanks,
    Colette

2. Colette+2

Colette+2 Well-Known Member

For those of you whose kids nap at the same time, what's your secret? I have one that fights it so hard that by the time I finally get her down her brother is up. I really need a little break during the day (especially since they aren't doing great at night right now). I'd love to know how you do it.

Thanks,
    Colette

3. Monika2006Twins

Monika2006Twins Well-Known Member

It doesn't work all the time, because sometimes one will sleep longer than the other. But at least the first nap is at the same time, and in general they nap at the same time during the day. It seems to work because I almost always tandem nurse. So they get "reset" when I nurse them and they get back on the same schedule.

4. cajuntwinmom

cajuntwinmom Well-Known Member

I started to CIO around the age that yours are. If they are waking each other up, I would try napping in seperate rooms. I've seen quite a few people on here who use that and it seems to work for them. Mine still don't always nap at the same time, but for the most part they do.

5. Kerry1976

Kerry1976 Well-Known Member

Separate napping locations....DS naps in his crib and DD naps in the playpen bassinet or her swing. DS will not nap anywhere else. They usually go down at the same time or at least within a half hour of each other and generally nap for 1.5-2 hours so I do get at least a good hour or so to myself.

For example, today they both went down at 8:30am...I ate breakfast then stripped the wallpaper in the hallway bathroom. I had time to surf the net and do the dishes...no, I'm not supermom, it's just usually their longest stretch so I get most of what I want to do then, that way if I don't have time the rest of the day, I don't feel bad for not getting to other things!

6. minnieinafrica

minnieinafrica Well-Known Member

I agree with the pp. Mine just FINALLY got on a schedule. THey go down at the same time, in separate rooms, and it is CIO til they fall asleep. We used to rock our kids. the night wakings got so bad and it was impossible at nap time for them to go down at the same time. SO we CIO and it worked. WE still have a few kinks to iron out with sleeping through, but I am getting WAY more sleep than what I was getting.
    Melissa

7. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

Mine have always slept at the same time. Alivea use to fight sleep really hard and instead of fighting with her, I would just sit her down and let her play and wait. She usually was ready for a nap in 15 mintues and it never seemed to mess up the nap schedule. They still take 2 naps a day, around 1 1/2-2 hours each.

8. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

Mine nap at the same time in the morning and afternoon. Most days, one will wake up before the other, but they never wake each otehr up. I just put them down at the same time no matter what. They are used to our schedule and know what to expect and when to expect it.

9. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine always go down together too. They have from the start. The usually both get tired around the same time but Sophie always fights it and she always gets up 15mins before Jack does. But they have 2 naps a day lasting from 1 hour to 1-1/2 hours. x