What's your favorite potty chair for girls and why?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by foppa2102, Nov 25, 2009.

1. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of buying potties soon, just to let my girls get used to the idea, and don't know which ones to buy. I should buy 2, right? I've been looking at these baby bjorn http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=48112&vid=1&pid=723964&scid=723964012 and I like the looks of them, but I don't know what potties have what advantages and disadvantages. ps- we have a small bathroom so hopefully they don't have to be huge.

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I really wanted baby bjorn, but my SIL got the girls two little princess potties that played music when they did thier business. They were great and the girls loved them. And yes, you need two!!

3. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I had the baby bjorn potty chair for my oldest son and while he liked it at first he quickly wanted to use the big potty like his mom and dad. The best potty seat I have found was the bumbo seat that sits on a regualr toilette. It isn't really that great for boys because the opening isn't real big but it would be great for girls. It is soft and comfy and doesn't slide around on the seat so their legs wont get pinched like the plastic potty rings. They are pricey but you would only need one and they don't take up much room. Good luck with your search.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We love the Baby Bjorn potties. We never owned any other kind, but have used them at friends' houses, and it always reinforces my BB love. They're easy to clean because there are only two parts (and no nasty crevices for pee to get stuck in), and because they're so easy to take apart, after the age of 3 or so, my kids could actually dump their own pee and poop in the big toilet and flush it.

We also love the BB potty ring. It just has a handle on it so you can put it on the big toilet and take it off easily (nothing to attach), but there's some sort of gizmo on the bottom that makes it fit just right, with no sliding around.

5. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

I got this one at target for $10. It was cheap, easy to clean and does not take up much room. My girls like that its a frog.
    I am not serious about potty training right now, one of my girls is showing signs of being ready so I just got it to introduce them to it. I will eventually get one that fits on the toilet as well. I only got one because like I said I am not serious about PT'ing right now and I have enough little girl "stuff" all over the place. ;)

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We have two of those Baby Bjorn chairs (both in white). I like them because they are simple, don't take up too much room, are easy to clean, and don't have any bells and whistles with will just distract my girls.

7. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

I swear the only good ones are the baby bjorn.. Get a good color and a sticker of some character they like to jazz it up. I made the mistake of 2 green. my daughter is pink obsessed.. finally I gave in and got her a 'princess potty'.. she loves it but it is a MESS. (BTW - she only trained once I got her this potty!) Pee goes everywhere, it has this huge bin on the bottom for pooping, like you are going to poop a ton or something and then you have to clean it, the only good thing is that it clicks on to the toilet, but even then pee goes everywhere with girls! If I did it again I would have spent a few dollars extra on a pink baby bjorn, probably it was like 2 dollars more so I went with 2 green.. and gotten her a big princess sticker to put on it.

8. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I was going to say everything Minette did! We love both the Bjorn potties and the Bjorn toilet ring.

9. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We have one from walmart with a soft ring that can be flipped for boy or girl. I think it maybe step 1. They now have it in girl colors but ours is nuetral.