What's up with Hylands Teething Tablets?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by vtlakey, Nov 28, 2010.

1. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

For weeks I have been looking for Hylands Teething Tablets at Target, Kroger, Walmart, and my local health food store, and NOBODY has them stocked. Week after week I check and the shelves are always empty. So I figured I would just order them from Amazon, but when I searched for them just now it said they were available from 1 seller for $500.00!. Did these they get recalled?? I don't think the maker, Hyland's, has went out of business because I see other Hylands products in stock in my local stores (colic tablets and earache drops, for instance). Anyway, just wondering if anybody knows what is going on with Hylands teething tablets. Our boys have 8 and 6 teeth each and at 18 months old I figure molars will be coming in soon and I hear they are a bear. I just wanted to be prepared when that happens :)

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

They have been recalled. Here is a link with more information.

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep, we had some nurses from a ped's office come to one of our twins club meetings, and she said because they aren't FDA approved, that the amount of meds in them isn't regulated. And there's one thing that can be posionous in it, I'm not sure which ingredient, but I think that's the reason they were recalled.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For some reason, I thought it was the chamomile that they weren't sure the amounts of...but I can't remember too well. But they have been recalled.

5. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

I have an unopened bottle you can have for $1000-just kidding, if u want them, you can have them-where do u live? Well, i should go home and check first before I start spouting off. I am almost positive I still have them.

6. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

I have some too you can have! Will you be heading east anytime soon?

7. vtlakey

Staton, we were just in Waynesboro for Thanksgiving. Not quite as east as you live though ;)

ohd1974, your twins just turned 1 year old, you may need those yourself soon enough :) I actually have several camilia vials from Boiron homeopathic (makers of Cocyntal vials that I swear by). If the boys molars are real bad coming in I'll start giving them to the boys like candy just like I did with cocyntal vials when they were colicky, LOL.

8. twingrandma

twingrandma Well-Known Member

I found that the little teethers brand at BRU works just as well as the hylands.

9. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

I know they have been recalled but we are still using them. I am disappointed that I won't be able to get them anymore.

10. vtlakey

We have half a bottle left that I am going to save for tough teething nights too. I figure they were recalled out of an abundance of caution, and I believe I read somewhere that there hadn't been any known cases of overdoses. I figure they have been sold for years and used for hundreds of thousands of babies so I'm not worried about using what we have left for our boys.

11. kristinpa

kristinpa Well-Known Member

I think it was the belladonna that was the problem...I had heard that there were some babies showing signs of toxicity and that's why they were pulled off the market.

12. vtlakey

You're right kristin. I just did a google search for hylands and belladona and found this link. And wouldn't you know that the day after I started this thread our nanny pointed out to me that both boys have their top 2 front molars coming in. I felt in their gums last night and sure enough they are pushing through, which is probably why they have both been Mr. Cranky Pants this week. Well thank goodness for motrin at least! Though if either of them wake up screaming in the middle of the night (which I have read some other moms post about when their kids are getting molars) I'll be giving them 3 hyland's teething tablets pronto while we still have some left :p