What's the earliest one can deliver vaginally?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by spwestphal, Mar 7, 2009.

1. spwestphal

spwestphal Member

Hi everyone,

I was curious, among those of you who delivered your twins vaginally, what's the earliest they let you do that? Do you have to wait until they are past 36 weeks, and before then if you go into labor they prefer a c-section? I've been under threat of preterm labor for many weeks so I always feel like these babies could come any day, but I so badly would prefer to deliver them vaginally (so far they are both vertex and have been for a few weeks--I'm almost 32 weeks now).

Thanks!

2. PJ

PJ Well-Known Member

My friend went into preterm labour at 24 wks 1 day and delivered her son vaginally. I don't think it makes any difference if it's twins or not. I would say as long as they are in a good position that delivering vaginally is OK.

3. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

When my OB thought my twins were coming at 29-ish weeks, I asked if I could still deliver naturally and he said yes.

4. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine were delivered at 28 weeks and they were both vaginal. Baby a was vertex and b was transverse. I have read that in preemies the chance of brain bleeds is higher in vaginal vs csection. I don't know how true that is. Mine didn't give the dr a chance for csec since his head popped out while giving the epidural.

5. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a timeframe as to when you can deliever vaginally. I think it all depends on the situation. Most docs prefer to deliever vaginally, but consider c-sections [well, mine did anyway].