What's on in your babies' room?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by tcap, May 22, 2009.

?

Do you run a fan while your babies are sleeping?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tcap

tcap Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to turn a small fan on in the girls room for air movement - My husband though has never liked fans. So I'm wondering who uses one in their babies' rooms. Do you use a ceiling fan that blows on the babies or a smaller fan?

2. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

i always have the ceiling fan on in the babies room, and i'm lazy, so i never turn off the white noise machine either.. we do listen to a lullaby cd at the end of the day, during bathtime and their last bottle as a cue that it is soon to be sleepytime.

why doesn't your DH like fans???

3. gij7728

gij7728 Active Member

Me too, I always have the ceiling fan on all the time.

4. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

We have a cool mist humidifier outside their bedroom that is on most of the time. I also have a couple lullaby CD's that I play while they are falling asleep.

5. paulacraft1

paulacraft1 Well-Known Member

Tell your husband I have read several articles that say running a fan while the babies sleep decreases their risk for SIDS!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

6. jnholman

jnholman Well-Known Member

We have 2 fans: a celing fan that is on all the time and a tower fan that is like a wind tunnel. We all sleep upstairs and it is 100 degrees here already. The a/c is on at 75 for our comfort, but the boys were sweating like crazy so we added the tower fan.

They are sleeping much better,
    Jenn

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

Ceiling fan on low, and we had a white noise machine when they were younger.

8. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Ceiling fan and white noise machine. It's perfect!

9. tcap

tcap Well-Known Member

My husband thinks that fans on at night cause you to have a sore throat???

So to compromise, I think that I'll try a smaller floor fan in the girls' room so that the air isn't blowing directly on them but it will still be moving the air around.

I tend to use this forum to say, see how many moms do it...

10. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

No fan (most of the year a fan would make the room too cold) or white noise machine here. I voted yes for music but really it is/was only on if they're having trouble falling asleep.

11. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Both fan and lullabies, I use a fan for myself and the babies always start off in my room so they are used to that fan noise.

We started lullabies for my first son at about 18 months old when he was having trouble falling asleep. It worked so amazing! When my first dd moved into the room with him she fell asleep much faster with the lullabies too. So now that I have them loaded on my mp3 player I have them playing in our room for the babies too and they really do settle down so good most of the time (barring any gas pains or upset tummies.)

12. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

Our pedi urged us to get a small fan for their room to help prevent SIDS, so we did. We have one with a timer that I set to 8 hours when I go to bed. We used to use white noise overnight and used to play a lullaby cd as they fell asleep - not anymore. Just the fan, now.

13. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

We never used anything for any of our children. They got used to sleeping in quiet & with various amounts of noise.

14. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    We used and still use a small table fan, a sheep that makes a rain noise(it goes off after 45 mins)and only during naps we play a soft music cd for them.

15. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

We would use the ceiling fan, but it's wired to the outlet the light is on and I can't get the fan to stay on while the light is off! :huh: The boys listen to music at naptime and a 5 min music box doll that I had as a child before bed. I wanted to distinguish between naptime and bedtime. Then I also don't have to turn off the music before going to bed.