what's going on? DS is taking the SHORTEST naps ever!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by smiley7, Jul 9, 2010.

1. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

Up until now both kids were taking 3-4 naps a day, one 2 hour one and the rest were about 45-60 minutes each. I was really happy. We have DD virtually sleeping through the night and DS wakes once usually. This week DS is taking 30-40 naps and it is getting really difficult to settle him for his nap... he needs LOTS of rocking and little top-ups to settle him. I am getting SO tired b/c there is no break and so much work goes into getting down for a short nap.

Is it teething? growth spurt?

2. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

Could he be trying to drop a nap? My DD went to 3 naps when she was 6 months old.

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

i would say he may be trying to drop a nap, like the previous post suggested. I know at 6 months my boys went from 3 naps to 2. Now at 7 months I et 1.5 hrs in the morning and 2-3 hrs in the afternoon. They are in bed by 7pm for the night

4. smiley7

smiley7 Well-Known Member

hmmm... DD has started to do the same so now both are not sleeping as long.. grrr...

Question.. how long are they up between naps? They used to go down every 1.5-2 hours, now I just got with their cues but it isn't working very well and DD is waking and babbling and talking and rolling around for 2-3 hours every night. I think I may just ignore her from now on b/c everytime i've fed her, it doesn't necessarily make her sleepy AND she gags and sometimes vomits.. grrr..

I am pooped.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My boys get up around 6;30-7, and go down for their morning nap around 9, they sllep usually 1.5 hrs. they typically go down for their afternoon nap aroud 12;30-1 and sleep 2-3 hrs. As for your DD waking up and babbling, one of my boys does that too sometimes. He did it at 4 this morning. I just leave him. If they arent crying I dont get up