What will you be doing for Easter this year?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Mar 16, 2009.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

We are going to a mum's group Easter Party with the twins this year, I am guessing they will be running around (assuming mine are actually running by then) finding eggs, and trying to eat chocolate (as they haven't had it yet)...not sure what else we can do with two 15months olds!!??

I remember last year, I was so overwhelmed and stressed having two newborns, that we did nothing for easter, I don't think I even left the house that day (which wasn't unusual at that time in my life)...so things are already looking better for this year!

2. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Sounds good fun - we have visitors out so hubby and I might try and get a romantic in - not that that's got anything to do with Easter! For the kids, we might have some friends round and do the hunt the egg thing in the garden - although they will probably melt as will be hot hot hot by then!

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(isis @ Mar 16 2009, 04:36 AM) [snapback]1230036[/snapback]
    We are going to a mum's group Easter Party with the twins this year, I am guessing they will be running around (assuming mine are actually running by then) finding eggs, and trying to eat chocolate (as they haven't had it yet)...not sure what else we can do with two 15months olds!!??

I remember last year, I was so overwhelmed and stressed having two newborns, that we did nothing for easter, I don't think I even left the house that day (which wasn't unusual at that time in my life)...so things are already looking better for this year!

That sounds like a lot of fun! There isn't too much to do with them at 15, other than dress them as cute as can be and let them set the pace for the day. It will be a great day I'm sure!!
    PS - You need a new ticker. ;)

QUOTE(AndiG @ Mar 16 2009, 06:56 AM) [snapback]1230064[/snapback]
    Sounds good fun - we have visitors out so hubby and I might try and get a romantic in - not that that's got anything to do with Easter! For the kids, we might have some friends round and do the hunt the egg thing in the garden - although they will probably melt as will be hot hot hot by then!

Oh yay, a date night? I love it!

I'm doing my usual Easter brunch. I have done it for years (other than the year they were 6 months old). We usually have anywhere from 10-20 people here. I think we'll do an Easter egg hunt for the first time this year since I think they will actually get it now. And of course they will get baskets. :D

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Isis, that does sound fun!
    We'll probably do the same we did last year, host dinner at our house. DH will make ribs for dinner and we'll probably make up small baskets for the babies with snacks/books and not candy (I think they are too little for candy right now). That's probably about it :blush:

5. caba

caba Banned

Easter always makes me smile now, because our first Easter with the twins, they were 3 days old. And I was still in the hospital, and DH and I had a hospital food special Easter dinner ...

This year, we are having my family and my DH's family to our house for dinner ... Probably do an Easter Egg hunt ... should be fun ...

6. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

What you all have planned sounds FUN :)
    I'm alittle sad because DH is on a new sched at the police dept and he will be working that weekend :(
    But, we will still visit in the in-laws and I can't wait to see them hunt easter eggs. It will be much differnt than last year because they couldn't even sit up yet.

7. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

church then my parents' house for lots of food!

8. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

We're debating an Easter service (yikes, with two 20 mo olds!) & then I don't know what's up for the remainder of the day. We will hide Easter Baskets again (last year I just placed them next to them since they weren't even crawling yet)...my MIL made them some awesome, personalized one this year!

The day before we're doing an Easter Egg Hunt with my two neices (5 & 2) & then probably grilling out (weather dependent for both events---we're in WI after all). I'm hoping the boys do good with an Easter Egg hunt this year....I loved doing those as a kid!

We already dyed our Easter Eggs, so that's done for the year (yes, I know it's early)!

9. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I am hoping we can get together with family for an egg hunt and a meal. Gotta start making calls this week. Can't belive it is the boy's 2nd Easter. Last Easter Lucas fit on a dinner plate LOL

Dianna

10. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Dianna @ Mar 16 2009, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1230271[/snapback]
    I am hoping we can get together with family for an egg hunt and a meal. Gotta start making calls this week. Can't belive it is the boy's 2nd Easter. Last Easter Lucas fit on a dinner plate LOL

Dianna

:rotflmbo:

11. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Every Easter we go down to our property at the Colorado river with about 40 people (friends and family) and we do a huge Pig Roast (where we bury the pig underground). It is SO yummy!! We will also try to do an Easter egg hunt with the girls, but I don't know how much they will actually "get" it. It is always a lot of fun and I am super excited!!